Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv tuner cards

• 27-01-2002 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

If I have an analogue TV tuner card am I only able to view an analogue signal and if I have a digital card can I watch both analouge and digital TV. Does this apply to both cable TV and satellite TV and any recommendations for digital and analogue TV TUNERS?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Hauppauge Win TV USB-
    www.hauppauge.co.uk

Honestly the best bit of hardware I have EVER bought. Its so versatile and easy to use, with tons of coool features.

Its only about £100 and the advantage of it is that its plug and play and you can switch it between PC's (which I have done) so easily. Its a veritable "God Send". Get it today!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

How much is a PCI card?

I'm borrowing an ATI-all-in-wonder at the moment, it has tv in and out... may have to buy myself a tv card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

you know the dvb cards you get with EON are they any good for watching tv? also is it possible to combine 2 signels ge sat+ cable and watch it on ur tuner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

Lo..
    hey man , im selling my data only satellite receiver card..
    its actually irrelevant if its data only or tv/data cause u gotta dload the free to air channels down as data and play them through windows media player to watcht them with EON..

Im selling it for 80 Euro.. It was used 3-4times ,then we found an alternative method ;) so its no longer required :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

thats a bit much you can get an EON subscription + satellite receiver card+drivers manuals cables ect for €150 and i was thinking of getting EOn anyway so i would have have toshell out another €150 for that.but could that card work for tv aswell??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

just wondering if it is possible to uncsramble signals with a pc if using a tv tuner card??

i am not looking for links just wondering if it is a hardware issue(the decoder box) or can it be solved with software

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I picked up a Hauppage card for 39 quid ages ago.. It was brilliant.. Lots of funky stuff you could do with it.. - Like hook it up to a camcorder and use it as a motion detector - that starts recording when it detects movement...

Just to answer your question The_Bullman, it is feasible, for analog signals (e.g. NTL cable/Sky analog), but not very likely. There are a number of decryption packages/applications out there, but AFAIK, none that will decrypt any of the services available in Ireland.

But then, I haven't checked out the scene in a while, and things could've changed...

Advertisement