Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd driver inf file

• 27-01-2002 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Could someone tell me where i could find the inf file for my cd rom?
    I'm formatting an old computer and i'm not sure if i'll need to reinstall the cd - rom drivers after i format.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

you dont need a cdrom inf for windows as its inbuilt.. however to install windows you may.. if you windows cd and your system support booting off cd .. any system bought in last 3 years with windows 98 se or above will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by Saruman
    you dont need a cdrom inf for windows as its inbuilt.. however to install windows you may.. if you windows cd and your system support booting off cd .. any system bought in last 3 years with windows 98 se or above will

I need to format my machine too. its only got win 98, going to upgrade to win98se. My motherboard bios has the option to boot off the cd-rom but i did a few test runs with the win 98 se cd in the drive but it kept crashing.

what files do i need to put on a floppy to get the cdrom recognised and working?

i did it ages ago but have forgotten..:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

True Bard but much easier way...
    make a windows 98 startup disk, basically in add/remove programs click add/remove and then startup disk and click create... that will have generic dos cdrom drivers that will pick up any cd rom.. even scsi.

btw Bard can you compose a song from that? You could sell it to Microsft for use in a commercial... well no they would probably screw you out of it...

Advertisement