Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vanilla Sky

• 27-01-2002 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

a remake of "Abre los Ojos" (1997, spanish), apparently.

wouldn’t mind seeing the original, coz this one rawks. a complete head-f**k.

I thought I had it all sorted about 30/45mins in - figured it was going to be another 6th Sense (figured it out at the beginning, rest of the movie was w@nk) - I didn’t though. I really, really didn’t.

that movie has warped my fragile little mind.

anyway, go see it. its good.

Vanilla Sky is... 19 votes

amazing! *woop*
    0% 0 votes
    not as good as [URL=http://www.jesusdance.com/]this[/URL].
    52% 10 votes
    elasticised pants.
    21% 4 votes
    just feckin' confusing.
    15% 3 votes
    an Atari Jaguar of a film.
    10% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Wow! Good film. I'm just back from the cinema and can't think of anything else since...

It's not perfect, but it's such an ambitious idea i'm amazed they made such a good job of it. Really cool film. A bit slow in places but I think that was needed or you'd never follow it at all.

*SPOILER*

When he woke up at the end where they zoomed in on his eye - had he been dreaming all along or was it just as Tech Support told him it'd be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy

*SPOILER*

When he woke up at the end where they zoomed in on his eye - had he been dreaming all along or was it just as Tech Support told him it'd be?

good question :), could have been either I suppose.

*SPOILER*
    *** did you notice, when he woke up after the 'cut off point' (outside her apartment), the sky was picture perfect... thought nothing of it untill the tech support guy spelled it out at the end.***
    *SPOILER END*

...great use of music throughout the film aswell (scon Cameron Crow). The opening scene with raidohead was amazing. and time square compleatly empty... great cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

utter utter pants
    i thought it was tripe

another A.I. more like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

A.I. was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

AI was boring when you were watching it,but it was good when you think about it after you get up and leave....strange :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

My basic problem with Vanilla Sky is that it wasn't as clever as I thought it would be. Absolutely superb, thought-provoking, entertaining cinema, filled with stunning imagery and magnificent performances... Right up until the last twenty minutes.

The ending was horribly disappointing. I was expecting a journey into the human psyche, not some poorly thought out sci-fi.

I wouldn't let that put people off watching it though. The destination might not be up to much but the journey is downright amazing.

(Oh - and AI was superb.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Well I really enjoyed this film, nice flipping back and forward for a bit lost me slightly but I like the ole tech support option !!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

have not seen it yet, but for those complaining about AI.. I like that film a lot, in fact I loved the ending.. though im not sure why no one seems to understand that he is not found by aliens in the future.. he is found by his descendents.. AI's that were developed after him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Saruman
    though im not sure why no one seems to understand that he is not found by aliens in the future.. he is found by his descendents.. AI's that were developed after him!
    oh I thought it was obvious enough, the movie was still pants imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

What I hated about AI was everything <i>was</i> so obvious. the whole Pinnocio thing was overemphasized. Any idiot could see what the film was about but it insisted on spelling it out for you. I think a sad ending would have been more appropriate. i thought spielberg had got past the 'fairytale' film making stage.

Kubrick would have lent some essentiel gravitas to that film that Spielberg lacked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement