Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek X: Nemesis

Options
  • 27-01-2002 7:24pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Star Trek X: Nemesis information

Not a lot of concrete stuff there, some of it is interesting though. (Romulans featuring largely, Janeway cameo, Riker/Troi wedding etc)

I'm moderately looking forward to this one, i like the Romulans as bad guys and of course, it is even numbered :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

n1 kaids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

if its anything like insurection it can kiss my ass,

did that suck or what??!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I liked Insurection!
    When i seen it in teh cinema i though it very predictable, but watched it repeatidy on video since and I have grown very fond of it!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I thought Insurrection was okay(ish). It was a lot better than Generations (not hard) but then it was nowhere near as good as First Contact (best ST film imo)

:o lol i liked Generations, again good on video, of course without Data wouldn't of been as good. :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kaids
    I thought Insurrection was okay(ish). It was a lot better than Generations (not hard) but then it was nowhere near as good as First Contact (best ST film imo)

Agreed 1st contact was the best imo aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

been reading spoilers for it and i am undecided bout it....

undiscovered country is the one i still watch.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Originally posted by SearrarD
    i could be a turkey...but it could be class!

...you could? f*ck me.

sorry. couldint resist :P

Originally posted by Goodshape
    ...you could? f*ck me.
    sorry. couldint resist :P
    I was struggling with the urge myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Do you now what you can do with those urgres.........
    well ye're not fu<kin me, no way, no how

nobgoblins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Why did Insurrection suck? I like it when i went to see it.. sure it did not have the suspense or action that First Contact did but it was true to TNG... It was like watching a really well done and expensive TNG episode and i liked the story... There was stupid parts to ir but at the end of the movie i was glad i saw it.. do you know i never got to see First Contact at the cinema... i had to wait till video and im not sure why... no time to see it...

First Contact was great.. could have been a lot better though.. Anyone read the book?

as for Nemesis.. we will have to wait and see, personally my fave so far was ST4 (the one with the Humpback Whales)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ramius

DATA's character has made all of the Next Gen Films watchable, if he wasnt in Insurrection it would have been a really bad film, First Contact is my favourite Next Gen film but I thought teh battle with the Borg Cube could have gone on for a little longer and it just seemed to lack something at teh end another battle perhaps or the enterprise emerging in a different future than what they had left maybe, ahwell. oh and wrath of khan is best original film by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i find you people desturbing at the best of times, but yes first contact was the best, but it to had tos stupid moments.

as for this, it will be decent, trek films are good every second one

I was talking to a lecturer today, he said that when he was in ucd, they showed the entire TOS in 4 days non stop, apparently one guy watched the whole thing but there was rumours he fell asleep near the last few episodes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Treki makes my head hurt bad

Well I was reading an unofficial draft script today, it really sounds great.

If the draft is anything to go by, there's definitly going to be romulan involvment,

It looks like it's going to be an all rounder with great politics and action.

I wonder though if it's going to be the last next generation cast trek movie:(

God, a DS9 movie after?

Star Trek 11, when the docking bays get cluttered :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Patrick Stewert interview and first pictures of Shinzon are here ::

http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/2002/03/08/1015593941.html

..also has a pic of 'B-9', who is played by Brent Spiner and looks just like Data. Interesting.

nice,

remans look cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by BiTchiN
    if its anything like insurection it can kiss my ass,

did that suck or what??!!!!1

It was fairly watchable until Riker put the fupping enterprise on manual control and some poxy joystick came out of the floor! Really, was there a need?

Thats why i've never seen the film twice.

And it was done on enterprise there two weeks ago, which again pee'd me off. It's a STARSHIP ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I have to agree that the joystick thing in insurection was cheesy as a big bag of cheese. But then again it was Riker was the director, and it made his charachter look cool!! Apart from that it wasn't too bad the second time around(I think I saw it on the telly at christmas)

Also 1st contact was good.

Can't wait for the new one. Will go to see it regardless, even if the cast start jumping about the bridge riverdance style. I guess that paramount make good cash of gimps like me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement