Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports News - Your opinion.

Options
  • 27-01-2002 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

It drives me mad personally - that is, sport news on the radio. It is on after *every* news bulletin, even when they have them every 15 mins. I mean, how much could possibly happen in sport every 15mins that people are going to care about. Switch to another station? They all have news on at the same time!!!! If you try to switch you get stuck in the sports spiral of doom!!! Surely there's no need for such regular updates. 2/3 times a day would suffice, surely? Also when the sports news comes on, I switch over, and by my (totally unfounded :D) estimates, that makes roughly 40% of the listenership changing stations when the sports news comes on - not a great business strategy.
    As you have guessed, I'm not a generic sports fan, BMX and skateboarding is my thing, but I do accept that many, many people love mainstream sports, creating a need for sports news, but I think this is too much!!!

Giza vote, just to satisfy my curiosity, and then proceed to flame me below by calling me a sk8r dude and posting pictures of guys in baggy jeans with chains hanging from their (far too big) pants. Or you may agree with me. Take your pick. :)

Is there too much sports news on the radio? 8 votes

I hate sport!!! Sports news on the radio denies lots of it's listeners. Get rid of it altogether.
    0% 0 votes
    There is way too much, it should be cut down to a couple of times a day
    37% 3 votes
    It's fine the way it is. I follow every sport known to man, and as such am very interested when the Bratislavian skittles championship is on.
    12% 1 vote
    There isn't enough!!! I want a radio channel dedicated to sports of every kind! It will be prosperous! Just like Eurosport.....
    37% 3 votes
    I couldn't give a monkeys/I don't listen to the radio/I live under a rock/I am richindub2/Atari Jaguar
    12% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Turn off the stupid radio and get a minidisc player for your car.
    When have any of the big radio stations ever played anything like Iron Maiden?

Exactly! Minidiscs (or mp3s, if you're rich enough for a portable player) are the way to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

this in relation to that new sports thing that replaced atlantic 252? oh deary me.

Advertisement