Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you name a bandif you had one ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

misadventure

long story

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    I'll take it that I'm the only one on the thread being serious...?

no- I'd love to have a band called Sonic Death Monkey... that would SO rock :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

I would like to name a band Mystery White Boy... in honor of Jeff Buckley, but that seems soo prententious and not very thrash..oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

My username would make a great yet strange band name :) and it would have to be changed for the american market yourmommasyourpoppa :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i was once in a band called jimmy saville and his big brass all star band
    we sucked ass big time
    had a song called "hot lesbo action" (we changed the lyrics from summer lovin)
    other jokey band names me and my friends came up with were the chicken drumsticks or unconcsious computers (and then radiohead brought out that bloody album and rendered the name useless)
    im "in a band" at the moment, who were organised enough to make a cd, but not organised enough to think of a name...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

Priory Turf Conference.

what does anyone think?

remember;there's no need to be cruel;take it j!vingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i don't think anyone could be cruel about that name, gar. it's fine. a little bit boring (using conference in any sort of rock band is just ... not rock-like), but i think if anyone was to be cruel it would be due to the use of the word 'jive' in any sort of context: be it verb, adjective, etc etc. why? why???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

SATAN'S CONFESSOR

It is based on the idea that God has no-one to confess to, so he has to confess all his wrong-doings the the Divil.

Satan's Confessor actually existed for a few weeks...we were ****e...cool name though.

http://satansconfessor.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You've lost me Pie...

n/m, I thought seeing as you're into all that Scandinavian stuff you might know some Suomi :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by PiE

n/m, I thought seeing as you're into all that Scandinavian stuff you might know some Suomi :p

Unfortunately not.
    I would actualy love to, it's a very beautiful language.
    But I'm already learning Elvish, and gonna get around to learn German at some stage, as I'm heading over to Germany later in the year.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Beany
    SATAN'S CONFESSOR

It is based on the idea that God has no-one to confess to, so he has to confess all his wrong-doings the the Divil.

Satan's Confessor actually existed for a few weeks...we were ****e...cool name though.

why would god confess to the devil, who is inherently evil, a fallen angel? surely he would (if he had to confess) do so to one of his many legion of angels? of course, this is ignoring the fact that what exactly would god have to confess about? he is good. he does no evil (although, he could).

so the idea's ****ed, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

Unfortunately not.
    I would actualy love to, it's a very beautiful language.
    But I'm already learning Elvish, and gonna get around to learn German at some stage, as I'm heading over to Germany later in the year.

hopefully ill be learning latin and russian next year, it being transition year with all the extra options and all that.i cant wait, im gonna be able to sound like the baddies in james bond!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chickenuts

Definitly "Antidisistablishmentarianism Monkeys"

Originally posted by stickinikki

hopefully ill be learning latin and russian next year, it being transition year with all the extra options and all that.i cant wait, im gonna be able to sound like the baddies in james bond!

Cool!

And if anyone ever asks "Why bother learning that language?" ALWAYS reply with: "Better than learning Esperanto, isn't it?"

I'm already learning Elvish

it's weird. people on another thread were debating the purpose of learning irish, due to it apparently being a dead language, and here's a boy/girl learning a fictitious language*. so anybody who thinks that there's no point in learning irish, just consult angelwhore.

*if elvish is a real language, i apologise.

why do people get so upset about j!ve and jiving?

just because you dont understand...

j!ve is a bit like a version of f.uck;it means anyhing;except j!ving means more.

you know?
    #
    satans confessor is a rawkus name.

THE CONFERNCE LIVES!!!
    (and it j!ves)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

Originally posted by Chickenuts
    Definitly "Antidisistablishmentarianism Monkeys"

YEAH, that one is brilliant! :) i'd have to go for climate strange myself, tho... it was a slip of the tongue on the radio at some point, the guy wanted to talk about strange climate change, and i loved it!

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

why would god confess to the devil, who is inherently evil, a fallen angel? surely he would (if he had to confess) do so to one of his many legion of angels? of course, this is ignoring the fact that what exactly would god have to confess about? he is good. he does no evil (although, he could).

O Sleep, I agree, the premise of Satan's Confessor was pretty weak, but it made sense at the time. We didn't get involved in a huge theological debate about the name, as we were merely young pups out for a good time, who thought it was a cool name...we also reckoned with have some class posters and T-Shirts.

And you can't go wrong with Satan in a band...the name that is...not the actual Dark Lord himself...like, on bass or keyboards.

I'm now picturing Beelzebub playing keyboards to some 80's tune...now that is evil.

Originally posted by o sleep

it's weird. people on another thread were debating the purpose of learning irish, due to it apparently being a dead language, and here's a boy/girl learning a fictitious language*. so anybody who thinks that there's no point in learning irish, just consult angelwhore.

*if elvish is a real language, i apologise.

It's up to people whether or not they have an intrest in it.

It's all different opinion. Personaly, I always hated Irish. Couldn't stand it in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

"Better than learning Esperanto, isn't it?"

what's wrong with learning esperanto???

• Advertisement

Originally posted by beardedchicken

what's wrong with learning esperanto???

Because it's a language that was simply designed to be the easiest to learn. T'was supposed to have been the official 'European Language.
    And, as such, it's an immensely ugly language, with no character.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

but surely the sentiment behind it isn't "immensely ugly" it was supposed to be a common language, for everyone, without any national or cultural bias!

i think it's interesting to learn from a sociological and linguistic perspective, and it's no uglier or prettier than any other language- it has its own fully formed syntactic structures, and rules etc.

ok, i'll shut up now!

Well, it's also the easiest to take the piss out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

I was in a death/thrash metal band once called Calf Diarrhoea. Fu ckin awful we were.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

Cool!

And if anyone ever asks "Why bother learning that language?" ALWAYS reply with: "Better than learning Esperanto, isn't it?"

hehe its funny cus its true...

wait a second....thats what id call my band!

its funny cus its true...shortened to "ifcit"

that name doesnt jazz my jive...

how about:

Dead baby storage
    No coffee
    Turn,Baby fun!
    Window machine
    Monkeypox,retro and lever....thats one i'm using now...
    though itll be funkypox retro and lever for the next album
    ****...i cant remember half of them now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

The Sex Camels

Potato Contraceptive

Destructophone

Thomas the W.ank Engine

The Terry Wogans

The Gardening Implements

Fridge Magnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

I was in a band called the "Jawa Hunters" which I thought was cool because of the whole Star Wars thing. But my favourite name for a band is "the gurriers" (spelling)

there is a band called the gurriers-asi im sure youre aware;i think that theyre a louth punk band.
    they got signed to some american label and recorded an album over 2wks,or so over there last summer.if i remember correctly they played here recently,too.....
    i think...

• Advertisement

Well, it's also the easiest to take the piss out of.

well, it's up there with elvish. and perhaps that star strek language all the sci-fi geeks learn.

Advertisement