Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net Tweaking Programmes

Options
  • 27-01-2002 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm just wondering does anyone use any of these tweak things (TweakDUN, Minispeed etc.).They all promise a huge increase in performance but do ne of em actully work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sacred cow

Depends on the program, they often boast more than they're actually worth.

You can change some of your settings for dialup network via Windows' registry to improve internet performance.It won't make a massive difference, but it can help make browsing a bit smoother, especially on a 56K modem.

I've used an app called "Ispeed" before to set the various options.It just changes the registry values through its interface.

Try a search on Google.com to find a guide to what might need changing to improve your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

instead of tweaking your whole DUN which i dont think works at all.. just get something like dowload accellerator which does work.. makes downloading faster plus you got resume.. i think the website is www.dap.com

Advertisement