Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warning Bubbles Rogue has abnormaly high speed. Average speed = 111.2%

Options
  • 28-01-2002 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Myself and spaceman where plaing a game of quake on slosh.ign.ie:27501 and when I was moving i kept getting a Bubbles Rogue has abnormaly high speed. Average speed = 111.2% erorr message, mostly when i went down steps.

Then i got banned from the server with bubbbles Rogue gets kicked for too high speed

so I reconnected, changed level to dm4 and same thing happened, except the last time when I was standing still and i got the errormessage and it banned me!!

Now, first of all, I have never edited, changed by pak or any other quake files, and I was playing on these servers a couple of weeks back with no problems. I join tonight and i get this.

Can anyone explain to me what excatly is going on with those messages?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Server is a good judge of personality :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i think if you had restarted your computer it might have fixed it.. its a bug or something that comes into effect on some ver of qwcl when your computers uptime is too great (i think... i dont know too much bout qw but they always type f_speed b4 a league game and if its too high you have to restart yar comp)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

If I remember well its one of two things.

1) your pc has been on too long and with qw2.3x it creates a speed cheat. (urm, can't remember how) Just reboot your pc. As far as I know the message that you get when it says abnormally high speed suggests you reboot too.

2) you were using a modified exe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

you were using a modified exe.

Jesus Eric. Have you have known me to cheat, or even suspect that I have ever cheated? I'm not one of those #fortress.ie smegheads!

My machine would have been on about 8 hours by that stage, so I'm sure thats it.

/me runs off to sulk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Heh,

I knew youd react that way. Gotcha :)
    In fairness, thats the only two reasons why it does that tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Who ya calling a smeghead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Ye I got that before I remember I was running at 130 speed :) before

Advertisement