Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL is down in certain areas

Options
  • 28-01-2002 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I was working in my house on Saturday evening using ADSL, when suddenly I got disconnected. I tried to reconnect and the i-stream software could not find the server. I rang I-stream tech support and spoke to a guy who went through the usual customer settings check to see if something was wrong with them but everything was fine.

Anyway cutting a long story short, he rang me back an hour later and told me they had received a number of calls from people with the same problem. It seems as though the problem affected Adsl user with phone numbers beginning with 82XXXXX, 83XXXXX, 84XXXXX, which are all northside numbers.

As of Sunday night the problem was not fixed, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

viking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Hmm - I'm 85XXXXX and had no probs. Summerhill exchange.

EDIT: Just noticed thoise numbers seem to be around Collins Ave/Coolock. Must be local then - bad luck, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    Hmm - I'm 85XXXXX and had no probs. Summerhill exchange.

EDIT: Just noticed thoise numbers seem to be around Collins Ave/Coolock. Must be local then - bad luck, lads.

Hmmm...

I was told last night I'm connected to the summerhill exchange.

w.t.f

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

My bad - 83XXXXX could be Marino area. Possibly Summerhill. It's all down to the third digit (needs to be 833XXXX), I think. Probably the same with the other two.

That said, it's very weird.

Originally posted by viking

I was told last night I'm connected to the summerhill exchange

Spoke to them again last night, and I was told by someone else I wasn't on the summerhill exchange, probably Belcamp or Coolock!

Anyone connected to belcamp or coolock who may be having problems?

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

My number begins with 84. Hoping it comes back later on today.

• Advertisement

I'm 84XXXXX also. Did you ring tech support? If so, what reason did they give for the downtime?

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Shred

Well I'm living in the Grangegorman area (838...) and I'm also cut off as is a mate of mine in the Phibsboro area, since Saturday night

I got no info out of Eircom except that they were aware of a problem with certain numbers and were trying to resolve it

My mate was told there was a problem with a router and that it should be sorted by today

Ok nobody panic.....

ADSL is back, phew!:D

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Shred

It just serves as a little reminder as to what life will be like without it when the trials are over - when most of us won't be able to afford it :mad:

Advertisement