Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spy game

• 28-01-2002 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

was it the sickening use of the dire straits' brother in arms or was it the over used and unimaginative bit of vivaldi?

was it the idea that neither redford nor pitt seemed to age through the 20 years the movie spans, from 'nam to post-cold war?

maybe it was just the sun glasses.

might have been the berlin rooftop scene.

actually, i think it was just the sheer cliche-ridden pointlessness of it all. hard-assed spook with a heart of gold, on his last day in the job, breaks his own golden rule to get his boy out of a spot of bother. and hey! we get to recreate vietnam, berlin and beirut for the shoot! what ego could resist such a pitch? what audience could dare stay way in their droves?

something about the whole affair had hack william goldman written all over it. especially redford's line to pitt while sitting in a car in beirut - i think i'll get us some work in south america. the new butch and sundance my arse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Actually I enjoyed it, a film that didnt explain absolutely everything while at the same time it didnt make you wonder did you miss a scene or two (ala mission impossible). Nice waste of time considering we were 10 minutes late for black hawk down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I thought it was a good film, put it this way... worth the money i paid to go see it and i enjoyed myself.. thats all that matters here.. was not an oscar winner nor did i expect it to be.

Advertisement