Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nam

Options
  • 28-01-2002 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

I wouldn't lump Damien Rice in with this New Acoustic Movement crap that is going around at the minute...just because he primarily plays an acoustic guitar and has a peared down band, does not mean that he cannot rawk with the best of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭andell

who is damien rice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"I wouldn't lump Damien Rice in with this New Acoustic Movement crap that is going around at the minute" - I can't think of a finer example the "Blower's Daughter", a terrible song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Whoops...this was supposed to be a reply to the "Damien Rice" thread, but anyways...while I'm here...

I think "The Blowers Daughter" is a brilliant song. Monkey, if its not your cup of tea, so be it...different strokes for different folks, and all that.

I said I wouldn't lump him in with the New Acoustic Movement crap that is going around at the minute. I think he's one of the few "singer/songwriter" types that actually stands out at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

and there was me thinking you were worried about viet 'nam'

anyway, my cousins lived there for 2.5 years so if you do think of going let me now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 gouty

"I asked the wetherman, send a cloud my way"

Damien Rice, was the lead singer of Juniper. For this crime he should be shot several times in sore places. Then tarred and feathered or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

Leave him alone. At least he's trying something a little different, unlike the majority of those guitarslingers who wish to share their inner pain with you. Now there's quite a few of those who I'd love to see shot. Not killed of course, just shot (or grazed with a bullet if you will) like the bad guys in the A Team. Imagine what crap they'd sing about then? No one would listen, hence problem goes away, cream rises to the top etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 gouty

Sorry i guess i'm just not into that inner pain 'thang'. WAY too many Irish acts are dealin' out the stuff. Bring back The Nolan Sisters I say, now they had something i'd like them to share with me.

Advertisement