Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wierd looking...

• 03-11-2000 6:25pm
    Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭

Any explaination fot this wierd looking stuff.. happens everywhere there's a check box or a minimiser button or scroll bar etc...
    I have the old energy moitor shutdown thingy active and i suspect that that has something to do with it...?

judder.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

At a complete guess these buttons are images yes? maybe all contained in one file that was corrupted? What that file might be i dunno im just guessing. A disk format may be in order smile.gif j/k

Dotsie
    www.dotsies.com
    dotsie@dotsies.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

happened to me before..
    netscape 4.7/6 and IE5/OE open simultaneously was the problem,
    never happened otherwise.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

suppose i should have said... its win98..

and its not always like that...only sometimes after i wake it from its little nap... and if i log off (simple peer to peer win98 network) and back on again its fine, as it also is after a reboot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Not sure why it does it, but all those pieces are part of one resource. If you had option buttons they would look that way too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I heard of something similar happening because of a windows font being changed...
    But then I've seen a lot of those missing Icons/graphics in dll's like mfc32 ctrl3d and blah blah such and such...
    You could try running "SFC.EXE" from the 'run' box, and see if the System File Checker can come up with what's been changed.

sady.gifwazzzaaaap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Also get latest g/card drivers. And check your system resources. And get win2k. It rocks.
    I think they're actually more like a font, a vector graphic if you will.

amp - about to install Win ME! on his poor little laptop BWA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

Advertisement