Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Flash Site for "The Royal Tenebaums"

Options
  • 28-01-2002 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

For the flash freaks among us...

I just thought I'd post this link. Its the Promo site for the new Wes Anderson movie..."The Royal Tenebaums"
    http://bventertainment.go.com/movies/royal/index2.html

I have to say Its a reallly well developed site and accents all that is good about flash -ie- It shows the functional and efficient aspects of the format and not just the "Eye Candy".

Its definitely given me tons of ideas and well worth a visit!!
    [cant wait to see the movie as well:)]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

It's certainly done very well but I'd have to disagree there on how it accentuates all that's good about Flash.

First off there's waaay too much movement on the site without even moving your mouse. That's just distracting.

When you do move you're mouse over something you're not always quite sure what's going to happen. Click on Margot for example, all those purple blobs link to different things. How the hell are you supposed to know what they link to?

The link to the menu is about as annoying as an animated gif of some guy with a hammer for an "Under Construction" animation.

I also hate having to wait for animation to finish every time I click on something like on the menu. It's fine the first time, but after that it's just annoying.

Why does every new movie have a massive Flash site these days?

Ahhhh don't mind me, I just hate Flash. It's probably very nice :)

Actually looking at the LOTR site (www.lordoftherings.net) it's about the best use of Flash I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

i can see how it could give you ideas, but overall I must agree with enygma on this one, its way too difficult to navigate when there are no signposts on the road.

Advertisement