Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT Fusion lowers cost of internet access

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thats true, i never heard of this 75 hr rule, Esat certainly didnt announce it, or give me the option of it. The thing that angers most ppl including myself was the manner Esat acted to cut users off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Where did you get the timer thing, Aiden? I have exceeded my stated dose of 75 hours few times but not by much and not too often. And who said that there was a 75 hr limit? Esat never told me.

The "75 hour limit" was something that someone in customer service thought up - then the other customer service reps ran with it. It was never official and still isn't. If you feel like using it as a rough guide of reasonable usage, so be it (personally I'm not going to say how many hours I use it - who know who reads here)

On the timer, I'd recommend No Frills Timer. It's freeware under GNU license. Really small when minimised - I've it slotted into the bottom-right of my screen. You can set it up for different connections so it's also good for monitoring peak use - and you can reset it whenever you want, perhaps alongside your phone billing dates like me

Get it at
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/nmaher/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Yep, No Frills Timer is the one I use. Very nifty little piece of software. Download it and don't give Esat an excuse to try and cut you off.

As for the 75 hour thing, I rang Esat customer support when I got "the letter" and gave them absolute hell about it. That's when the customer support rep said to me, "Okay, tell you what. If you promise to stay below 75 hours a month, I won't cut you off." I grudgingly accepted, even though I knew I was below 75 hours every month before that anyway.

I have to say that the idea that one customer support rep came up with the 75 hour idea (probably because he was getting hell from an irate customer as well and just wanted to get rid of them off the phone) and the rest of them then copying it proves that Esat haven't a clue and nobody seems to know what the hell is going on in this very disorganised company. I mean, for Christ's sake, if any other company operated like this (with perhaps the exception of Eircom, who are a rule unto themselves anyway!) they'd go down the pi$$er in six months!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks for timer info. No Frills Timer is pretty good. I see it logs too

Advertisement