Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Mac software in Dublin

Options
  • 28-01-2002 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I'm fairly new to the Mac platform,and I was wondering if there are any shops around Dublin where one can walk in off the street and purchase Mac software(particularly games).Compustore have started selling computers again,but no software,and Game and Electronics Boutique have none whatsoever,even though some of their UK stores stock Mac titles(afaik).Or is buying online the only option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Try O Sullivan graphics which is just off camden street. They have a small selection of games.
    Sometimes HMV have some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There's a place on the Naas road I think it is, I can find out more if you are interested in that area. I think it is called the Apple store but they don't seem to know or care much about what they sell if you ask me.

That place off Camden street is pretty good, I work near it so can check out if they have many games tomorrow. Anything in particular you are into? (I just got Quake 2 with the Gforce rendering is that what it's called? Excellent game, but I didn't get it from a shop)

As for pro software Big Bear sound in Dublin is the place. www.bigbearsound.com is the place to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 nick_riviera

Thanks for that guys,I remember O'Sullivan Graphics now,just didn't think they did much in the way of software.Would mainly be looking for some strategy games such as Age of Empires 2 or Civ 3.I'll pop up someday and take a look anyway.

Advertisement