Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with IOL No limits connection

• 04-11-2000 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

When I dial the IOL No limits number (1332103001235) as soon as the modem dials, I get an engaged tone. I know others who don't have the same problem. I've reinstalled all there connection software, either the modem has a problem or there's some setting I'm missing somewhere, does anyone know what could be wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Skeptic

Have your tried dialling the number using a phone? Does the engaged tone come just after the first few digits or after the full number has been dialled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

it seems to be a widespread problem with Esat i'm afraid frown.gif

they just dont appear to have the capacity (modem banks) to handle a flat rate service, and they dont disconnect anyone after a certain time like other isp's, so between 8pm and 11pm its quite difficult to even get connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Skeptic

One of the problems with not supplying enought capacity is that people will resort to hogging tactics. On the ie.comp group someone was looking for software to disconnect his computer at 8am regardless of whether there was any downloading going on. If you provide enough modems then people wouldn't bother with this sort of thing.

Anyone know the user/modem ratio at nolimits?

Advertisement