Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CV help

• 28-01-2002 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hey

I have just start doing my CV up and was putting down the sites which I have done. I only done 3 of them but 2 of them are Database driven which require username/ password to log in. should I still give them the link to the page, even though they wouldn't be able to c any of the coding and b4 u ask I can't create test users for them as I don't have access to the sites anymore.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmmm, personally id mention the sites on the cv, but add in the bits you just said. a small paragraph. you can then go into more depth in the interview if the chance presents itself.
    or, in future, take a copy of the website for your own purposes, put it up and then you can allow people access to it and they will be able to rummage around to the ir hearts content.
    but i know bugger all about your line of work, so advice from someone in the know is probably better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

In these situations, I'd usually go for screen shots and bang them up on a C.V. site. I guess all you can do now is describe how (easy? I presume) it is for them to update their site, w/features/automagic stuff that goes on, and then topped off with a reference.

Advertisement