Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO AngelWhore

Options
  • 28-01-2002 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hello!

With all this talk of death metal and you setting up a band I saw in another post, do you have any clippings? Just interested in new music and would like to hear some of your stuff, oh and are you the singer/guitarist etc.

Yurma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh, I have nothing recorded yet, and don't worry, it's not gonna be death metal.

Yeah, I'm the Singer/Guitarist, and main songwriter.

I might record a guitar riff or two and post 'em up here later though, if you're really after a listen. But I doubt it'll sound like much, as most of the stuff I'm writing is about long slow build-ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    long slow build-ups.

You mean musically? If you do I love songs that build up slowly and burst with energy :) and yes would love to have a listen, I'm always open to new music, infact I've gone from writing love songs to writing more interesting songs about life (Insert Puking Here) lol.

Yurma

PS. Have you played in the international? I have been asked to play there but don't have enough material just yet!

I haven't yet played anywhere yet.

I'm having some, member troubles... (Insert witty 'Member' joke here)

My bass player is busy with work, and his other band.
    And my drummer doesn't actualy have a set of drums yet! (Shockingly the guy is quite a fantastic drummer for a guy with no drums!)

I'm actualy getting a guy from another band to practise some of the music I've been writing for the bass, as the band's going to be rather bass driven.

And no sight of a keyboard player either.

I'm supposed to be working with Thomas (on boards) from his previous band presence, he's an excellent lead guitarist and with me as the rhythm and vocals maybe something good will come of it. Ye never know unless you try!

So upload some stuff if you get a chance laters.

Talk to ya

Yurma

Originally posted by Yurmasyurda

So upload some stuff if you get a chance laters.

Ah, I suppose I could throw up a bit of fret-wankery! :)

• Advertisement

Ah, I suppose I could throw up a bit of fret-wankery! :)

Nahh, [sarcasm] Just some music will be fine [/sarcasm] :P

Just kiddin, looking forward to some of your fret-masturbation ;)

Yurma

Well, I don't think I could really fit any of my riffs properly into my relatively tiny webspace.
    But I could try something once I get a practice with the Bass player.

No problem Angelwhore ;) I will watch this space anyhoo. I have a question that's bugged me for awhile, are you a bloke or girl? don't take that as an insult I just haven't the foggiest :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Cross-dressing lesbian :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I could host the music files if you need somewhere, you'll have to email them to me though, which probably take ages for you :/

• Advertisement

I'm a guy...
    And no offence taken, people are perplexed most of the time anyway.

Right!

http://www.boards.ie/members/angelwhore/riff2.wav

This is what I have uploaded.

I recorded a few things, but this was the only thing that didn't sound like sh!te.

I wasn't even expecting that I'd have been able to record jack squat using my little mic on the comp, but to my complete and utter shock, the sound quality is better than on a Darkthrone CD!

Anyway, this riff is one of my heaviest. Enjoy!

Oooh, this reminded me of cradle of filth who I think guitarly are incredibley fast, don't have any idea how they can be so fast, maybe years of masturbation? But if that was the case then I should R0x0r :P anyhoo twas good, keep it up! Hope the band idea goes well for ya.

Yurma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I recently saw a COF video and the girls were mimicking the action of playing the violen on their wrists but were slicing thier wrists open with violen bows...original.
    ;)

Originally posted by chernobyl
    I recently saw a COF video and the girls were mimicking the action of playing the violen on their wrists but were slicing thier wrists open with violen bows...original.
    ;)

That's COF for ya, absolute nuttyness :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

as most of the stuff I'm writing is about long slow build-ups.

Similar to Anathema by any chance?

If so fair play to you they need more rock bands who actually play good stuff as oppossed to just ****.

Originally posted by Yurmasyurda
    Oooh, this reminded me of cradle of filth who I think guitarly are incredibley fast, don't have any idea how they can be so fast, maybe years of masturbation? But if that was the case then I should R0x0r :P anyhoo twas good, keep it up! Hope the band idea goes well for ya.

Thanks.
    I can see what you mean, it's the tremelo picking style, similar to Cradle's.
    Great guitarists in the band...
    Some of their stuff is piss easy to pull of, but half the time it's extremely hard.

Originally posted by The FANJ
    Similar to Anathema by any chance?

If so fair play to you they need more rock bands who actually play good stuff as oppossed to just ****.

Yes, I suppose it could be rather similar to Anathema. The earlier stuff, mind you. :)
    But I'd say it's closer to My Dying Bride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

Nice riff man. What tuning do you use ?. Sounds like regular E tuning but you never can be sure with Black Metal.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Have you played in the international?

Wassat?

Originally posted by black_wizardd
    Nice riff man. What tuning do you use ?. Sounds like regular E tuning but you never can be sure with Black Metal.

It's actualy D.

Advertisement