Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First we had Stereo sound, now mono sound, whats next

• 28-01-2002 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

I have cable in Limerick city from Chorus.
    Fair enough their choice is pretty good .You can get over 30 channels on Analogue.So whats the point of going digital "with them".You get alot less channels for more money.No wonder everybody is laughing at them.
    I have the basic service plus all sky sports
    The basic service is
    RTE 1, NET2, TV3, TG4, BBC1, BBC2, UTV, CHANNEL4, SKY NEWS, SKY ONE, EUROSPORT, DISCOVERY HOME AND LEISURE+DISCOVERY after 4pm, NICKELODEAN+PARAMOUNT AFTER 7PM, CHORUS SPORTS, UK GOLD, GRANADA PLUS+ GMM AFTER 11PM.
    Can get an extra 14 channels or so for 5.99 i think or something like that.
    Racing channel 5 per month
    and then theres movies and sports
    This sounds ok but unlike every other service provider in the 'world probably' well country anway.Chorus are gradually removing stereo from our screens not that we had a lot of it.
    It used to be on all irish channels plus itv and channel 4.Yes not even BBC.
    Now we only have it on the Irish channels.Since sky digital came on air it was removed from channel4 and yes you guessed it. it was only just removed from Utv when they appeared on sky digital month or 2 ago.So thats mono on all channels except Irish.
    also in the last few weeks i've noticed a noise coming through on some of the channels. I'm sure its other channels sounds coming through.eg..channel4 sound coming through in utv in the backround.You notice it more when in between adverts when theres no sound coming from the channel itself. No its not my tv cause its happening on both my tvs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Jimbob,

What is "Chorus Sports"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

What is "Chorus Sports"?
    it shows crap local sporting events

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

The basic service is RTE 1, NET2, TV3, TG4, BBC1, BBC2, UTV, CHANNEL4, SKY NEWS, SKY ONE, EUROSPORT, DISCOVERY HOME AND LEISURE+DISCOVERY after 4pm, NICKELODEAN+PARAMOUNT AFTER 7PM, CHORUS SPORTS, UK GOLD, GRANADA PLUS+ GMM AFTER 11PM.

I'm living in dublin [Swords area] and i don't have all those channels?
    Have to say Sky is getting call at the end of the month as the choras service is completely rubbish. Rang them about the poor reception two weeks ago and was told that kids had pulled up some wiring from the road....WHAT??? I was told that the cables in my estate on the surface of the road.
    Well in limerick you've got powernet etc so the cables must be in far better shape there. Anyway back to the point i'd be happy with an echo of another channel coming through.It's beats the horrific screechin noise we get in swords most of the time
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Advertisement