Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room 101 Tribes 1 Tourney signups

Options
  • 28-01-2002 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

OK, just to get the ball rolling. If anyone is interested in playing in a tribes 1 tourney at Room 101 , Post here.

Please Note that this is Tribes 1 only. If you want to run a tribes 2 tourney, feel free to open another thread to do so.

List so far:

1. Dustaz
    2. Jaggeh
    3. Asuka
    4. Strat
    5. Mixie (not signed up to Room101)
    6. Kyro
    7. OJ (not signed up to Room101)
    8. Monty
    9. DBC
    10. Mills
    11. Kensai (not signed up to Room101)
    12. Nakey
    13. Snaga
    14. Cr8or
    15. Spiral
    16. Belisauraus

Ok, at this time of writing there are 12 people. Im pretty sure that we will get at least 10 more on the day and maybe a few more signups. The way i see it, we will have enough for a 4 team 5v5 tourney (8v8 would be ideal but however). Jaggeh has also tracked down duel mod so we can do a Duel tourney.
    Keep signing up tho:)

*update* theres a few people on the list that dont seem to be signed up to the lan itself. Can you three clarify if you signed up under a different name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

l33t
    count me in :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I won't know if i can go until a date/location is set, but assuming I go I'd be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

MEMEMEMMEEMMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMMEEMEMEMEME!!!!

me. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Never actualy played Tribes1
    Is it much like T2?
    Is the CD required to play T1, if not, could someone install it on my box there, I am trying my best to attend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Tribes 1 is one of the most unsecure pieces of software ever made .

Ill be bringing down a couple of CD's so anyone that wants to play can install and play. CD not needed to play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Nicewan Dustaz ;)

Spread the word :)
    Pimp this thread on IRC or something - go wan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

You know i'll be in for some of this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

7man team.......
    If the teams needed for T1 is anything like T2,you are not gonna get much of a game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

at the tcd netsoc lan last friday we pl;ayed quake 3 for a bit. then cs for a bit.
    then wolf for a bit.

then me and another guy loaded up tribes.
    then 2 more joined.
    then we had 6
    then 8
    then 10
    we played it all night.
    omfg it owns :)

put me down!~@!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Pugsley
    7man team.......
    If the teams needed for T1 is anything like T2,you are not gonna get much of a game :)

They arent. T2 requires an insane amount of people. T1 can be played with 4 people on a team at a push - 8 per side is the usual amount.

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    omfg it owns :)

How many times do i have to say 'I told you so' :)
    More people More people!!!!!

Just so you guys know, Monty is the best damn farmer in ireland. If hes on your team your base will NOT go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Hehe that depends. Man im getting so pi$$ed off at people who ski into the base in Raindance, and sit there mortaring anyone who tries to come in...

Plus - Monty gets really pi$$ed off at O-Snipers ;) He'll be happy to note ive all but given it up on CTF maps, much easier to just grab the flag.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Ah, good 'ol Raindance....so many hours spent alone on the demo! :D

Well, sorry Monters..but Sniping is all I'm planning on doing! ;)

Numbers are looking good...Tell your friends!

*mental note not to pick kyro* :)

BTW, if RD comes up in the tourney, i have full confidence in a defensive strat i know:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I used to play a little, don't have it installed at the minute, but I'd be interested in getting it at the LAN and entering the tourney, it's a fun game, so sign me up provided I can make it to the lan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Its final I'm going to 101 and I'm ready to own a tribes.
    And snipe :D sniping in t1 is the best thing since sliced bread :D

Oh and show how you love the game and community by putting #tribes.ie in you perform list ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

I'll be going, only problem is I dont have a copy of t1, do i need to go out and find one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

You dont need the cd, dustaz will have plenty of copies and I'll be bringing my copy. Don't worry about that, just be there and be square :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I would like to sign up for the fagottry. Put me "down".

updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Add me.

Tribes is the one with the jetpacks right?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

count me in as long ad im not 2 busy working etc hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Did someone say Twibes? Im surprised at you Dust that my name wasn't on that list by default! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

SpiraL lives! ;)

Havent seen ye in ages...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Ive been in training. Honing my skills to perfection so that i could one day rise up again and defeat all who oppose me in tribes! :) That day shall come.................At room............101.

That kinda sounded a bit Robot "warsy" didnt it :) all im missing is the two finger kiss craig charles does. Feckin fagnite! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

You might aswell count me in too , as if vague promises in IRC wasnt enough :)

Advertisement