Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

it took 18 years!

• 28-01-2002 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

Well im gonna be 18 shorty,sooner the better,well since i have spent the best part of my life drinking in a field or free gafs(pretty cool though) and get refused from everywhere cause of lack od I.D. i was wondering where the "hot spots" would be,peoples fav places, clubs,pubs , and ones to avoid!!!

Places in town(dublin)

sorry if this tread been up before but im quite new to it all

Thxs

Odian

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Go to all the over 18's events :)

The Pod
    The palace
    Shooters(special events)
    Playhouse
    Temple Theatre(special events)(drug heaven :p )

Firstly I apologise if this sort of thing has been up before but, having read Odian's post, I have to ask...does anyone else have the distinct feeling that bouncers in dublin (no matter what age you are) won't let you should they happen not to like the look of you?

I mean, it's all well and good refusing someone who's twisted drunk and probably rowdy, but if someone was refused for no apparent reason, that pisses me off.

I'm sure there are reasons behind it all, it just seems that it depends on how they feel themselves (ie. if they're in a bad mood, they decide not to let young people (around 20/21) in...so odian, I hope that you don't have bad luck with getting in to places. Sorry to dampen the high tone but does anyone else feel like this?

Enjoy your nights though odian, good craic when you get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I found that a good house party cant be beat so stick with them and you'll have a great time. If you have to go out somewhere with cheap dink usually equals a good time ie palace/planet murphy's monday-thursday(although thursday is student night)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Go early, dress neat, wear black shoes, look like you have money and a mot to match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

if (!victor)
    allow entry;

:P

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

HEHEHEHEHE*SNORT*HEHEHEHEHE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I hear it's illegal to refuse someone with the new Garda ID, of course there's a 3 month waiting list to get one! :D

hehe, 3 months! fscking ridiculous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

In Galway, its not 3 months, more like 3 weeks. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I've explained this before. Management have the right to refuse entry. However if the first thing they say to you is "have you ID" and you can produce a legal id, then they have to let you in. If they say after you have procuced the id that you dont look well dressed enough, then the patron can sue the said establishment.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

What if they believe the legal i.d is not their own?

I used to get this little bastard coming into the off-licence with his brother's passport. The fool didn't realise i knew his brother and he kept insisting it was his. They look almost identical but there is a space of about 3 years between them. I'd say he gets served no problem in most places with the passport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Jesus H Christ, don't let yourself end up within 30ft of the Palace if you have any self-respect. Same goes for Pegs (bar47), Zanzibar, Club Life if you're in Greystones (not sure if that ****hole is still running) and Slapperazzi in Dun Laoghaire.

What's wrong with the Palace?
    I thought the place was great craic when we were there, not the fanciest place in Dublin probably but all you want is the craic and that's what you get in there!

I can't understand people who go into some of the FAR more expensive places for a good night...you don't have to spend lots of money for a good night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    if (!victor) allow entry; :P :D
    WTF?

Advertisement