Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Office

• 29-01-2002 1:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭

I started watching 'the office' staring last monday night on bbc2 and again tonight. Its f%*&ing gas!! It has to be the best comedy on tv at the moment. Rickey Jervaisse?? is one funny character!:D
    He used to be on channel 4s 11 o clock show. I thought he was funny then but the office deffo tops it!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Yeh it's class, i think it won some award for best new comedy recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Hmmm, might be worth a look so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah pretty dang funny alright. Though unfortunately a lot of people don't get it (I suppose you have to work in an office first, heh).

I think we've all had a boss like that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

They had the whole season of it on PlayUK about 3 weeks ago. Fecking gas alright!
    I suppose it's better if you work in an office though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah its great. But did anyone catch Big Train on before it? Best Sketch Show Ever. Well, not ever, but you know, it was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Yea it's a damn good programme. It's far funnier if you've ever worked in an office environment.

"No, he's just jizzing on him" Class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I like big train, it's certainly not the best sketch show ever though, there's just a lack of really good sketch shows around at the minute :-/. Haven't seen the office yet, must make an effort to catch it next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I think smack the pony is up there with the best sketch shows.
    I used to love trigger happy but it seems to be on all the time now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yeah I used to love Trigger Happy TV, they've stopped making it now though, according to Dom Joly, the two christmas shows were the last of it. It was getting a bit predictable and stale towards the end, I'll be looking forward to what he does next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I saw the last episode of the sereis last night. The office has to be the best comedy on tv at the moment. I can't believe that I only discovered it a few weeks ago. Anyone who hasn't seen it missed out big time. Anyone know anything about a new series?
    I wonder if play uk will show it again. hmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Yeah I used to love Trigger Happy TV, they've stopped making it now though, according to Dom Joly, the two christmas shows were the last of it. It was getting a bit predictable and stale towards the end, I'll be looking forward to what he does next.

Most decent comedy programs have the good sense to stop before they become stale and repetitive or when every muppet with no charisma spouts the catchphrases in the pub. Reeves and Mortimer only ever made 2 series max of everything they made, John Cleese left Monty Python when he realised that history was starting to repeat itself, Dermot Morgan had the foresight to die before Father Ted became too stale.

Personally I don't find Ricky Gervais too funny, he tends to resort to outright vulgarity to hammer a pun home with a lump hammer.

Advertisement