Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording from microphone

• 29-01-2002 3:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Heres my problem

With the headphones in the computer I can hear the sound from the microphone but I cannot record from the microphone like I used to be able to

I have used the Windows audio recorder and Real producer to try but nothing.

I recently installed Real One player from a .net CD

anyone got any idea how to fix this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

could be something very simple. Forehead-smackingly simple in fact. Hopefully. :)

Double-click on the speaker icon beside the clock on the taskbar.
    Open the 'Advanced Controls' and properties bits to see if there's anything glaringly wrong. Make sure microphone is available to adjust the volume. Make sure it's not muted.
    Make sure you're actually plugging it into the right jack. :) God know's it's happend enough times to most people :)

Also, as a word of warning, avoid anything with that sickly blue-black-white 'REAL' logo on it like the plague.
    Yeah it's REAL allright....REAL shíte.....

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

If after checking SyxPak suggestions try also in the options Menu of whichever program you are useing(i.e. Windows sound recorder or Real), check that you have selected that you want to record from either the line in or mic.

And if you are pluging it into the speaker check that it has two connections going to the computer.(sound and mic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Problem solved

Thanks for the help guys it is much appreciated

and your right it was one of those homer simpson things which was screwing it up

what can i say

DOUH

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Moving ...

Advertisement