Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think Star-Trek Enterprise is better than Bab5

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Can't help but agree with the comments made so far - it's just an "introduce the characters and allude to a storyline to come" effort, and could prove promising, but we'll have to see...

Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

well that explains it, definitly a series to watch out for, i think id enjoy watching it. but i did get teh impression of, whole on these guys are far to young to be captains of star ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I'm a big fan of sci-fi, I watch everything , star trek, stargate, outer limits etc. I watched one episode of babylon5 ages ago and decided I didn't like it. It sounds though like i've missed alot! When is it on? If it is on anymore!

Hmmm i was posting and this thread was listed at the bottom of the fourm and then i realised how old it was but i had to comment...

I would be a huge scifi fan, Have seen Every Star Trek, X-files, Outer limites, Twilight Zone, Firefly, Battlestar (Remake), stargate (and spinoff), fringe, dark angel, space above and beyond (Futurama is scifi right? -) ive even seen the ones that are not as popular like the lone gunmen (x-files spin off),

I love scifi, My fav TV genure and has been since i was a kid (i still remember the first episode i saw - i was 5 hoem sick for two weeks with the chicken pox and star trek TOS was on during the day) Although rewatching it over the last few years there must have been a fair few morrel elements i didnt get.

point is i really love my scifi and to pick my top 3 only 5 years ago it would have been Star Trek DS9, Star Trek TOS, Star trek TNG.

My how things chance because 2 months ago it would have been 1. BSG, 2. Firefly, 3. Star Trek TOS.

But i only watched Bab5 for the first time at the end of december and i flew though it 15 hours a day till my holidays where over and i was back in work and then i was up till 3/4am - 4 hours kip then into work. But i finished bab 5 and it was amazing!
    It watched it a 2nd time - thats twice the entire show all 5 seasons in two months while working 9-5. I want to watch again but i am holding back so i dont ruin it for myself and have most episodes/movies memorised.

Any scifi fans who have not seen it give it a go (i really didnt think much of it to be honest, when i was a younger i thought star trek was more intellegent and B5 was for immature people who just wanted explosions and war and not intelligent debate)

I only re-watched it on a friends recommendation who thought what i did of the show, (his friend gave it to him to watch) so when i was watching season 1 i was actually 1/2 watching it - the show was on in the backround while i played Sins of a solar empire (slow paced RTS game)

once it got about 1/4 though season 2 though i stopped everything else and wow what a show - i can only immagine it must be like watching the first 3 seasons of BSG for the first time (without the year long breaks/clifhangers)

B5 has thrown my top 3 sci shows out of wack - i love firefly/bsg/b5 but star trek has had a special place for as long as i can remember i know its old but what a show and if it wasent for that would we even have B5?
    Supercell wrote: »
    The Legend of the Rangers "movie" i presume you are referring is to is the pilot tv movie for what hopefully turns into a new series.

Got the opportunity to watch it a few weeks ago and was blown away..talk about a trip down memory lane..i miss B5 so...

Great storyline, great special effects and damn impressive captaincy...Picard...eat yer heart out :))

Im sorry but that legand of the rangers was actually painfully bad to watch and one of if not the worst scifi movie i have ever watched. When they where given funding for that could they have thought of something else to spend the money on? oh and the method for firing the ships weapons *cringe*

That said the first B5 movie "In the beginning" is a true and true masterpiece but i doubt it would have emotional effect on you having not watched the series.

Its a shame some of the actors are no longer with us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

User45701 wrote: »
    Hmmm i was posting and this thread was listed at the bottom of the fourm and then i realised how old it was but i had to comment...

I would be a huge scifi fan, Have seen Every Star Trek, X-files, Outer limites, Twilight Zone, Firefly, Battlestar (Remake), stargate (and spinoff), fringe, dark angel, space above and beyond (Futurama is scifi right? -) ive even seen the ones that are not as popular like the lone gunmen (x-files spin off),

I love scifi, My fav TV genure and has been since i was a kid (i still remember the first episode i saw - i was 5 hoem sick for two weeks with the chicken pox and star trek TOS was on during the day) Although rewatching it over the last few years there must have been a fair few morrel elements i didnt get.

point is i really love my scifi and to pick my top 3 only 5 years ago it would have been Star Trek DS9, Star Trek TOS, Star trek TNG.

My how things chance because 2 months ago it would have been 1. BSG, 2. Firefly, 3. Star Trek TOS.

But i only watched Bab5 for the first time at the end of december and i flew though it 15 hours a day till my holidays where over and i was back in work and then i was up till 3/4am - 4 hours kip then into work. But i finished bab 5 and it was amazing!
    It watched it a 2nd time - thats twice the entire show all 5 seasons in two months while working 9-5. I want to watch again but i am holding back so i dont ruin it for myself and have most episodes/movies memorised.

Any scifi fans who have not seen it give it a go (i really didnt think much of it to be honest, when i was a younger i thought star trek was more intellegent and B5 was for immature people who just wanted explosions and war and not intelligent debate)

I only re-watched it on a friends recommendation who thought what i did of the show, (his friend gave it to him to watch) so when i was watching season 1 i was actually 1/2 watching it - the show was on in the backround while i played Sins of a solar empire (slow paced RTS game)

once it got about 1/4 though season 2 though i stopped everything else and wow what a show - i can only immagine it must be like watching the first 3 seasons of BSG for the first time (without the year long breaks/clifhangers)

B5 has thrown my top 3 sci shows out of wack - i love firefly/bsg/b5 but star trek has had a special place for as long as i can remember i know its old but what a show and if it wasent for that would we even have B5?

Im sorry but that legand of the rangers was actually painfully bad to watch and one of if not the worst scifi movie i have ever watched. When they where given funding for that could they have thought of something else to spend the money on? oh and the method for firing the ships weapons *cringe*

That said the first B5 movie "In the beginning" is a true and true masterpiece but i doubt it would have emotional effect on you having not watched the series.

Its a shame some of the actors are no longer with us

I watched a lot of B5 but can not remember any of it nowdays, really need to get box sets.

Oh and it had one of the worst spin offs ever in Crusade. Even Gary Cole could not rescue it

PS
    on the age of this thread

Support the Zombie Forum
    ZOMBIE001.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

love B5, man. it's got great little moral messages; my favurite bieng "should a soldier follow orders that he/she considers immoral?" about the episode "Severed threads"

The VFX were god awful but very detailed, and Crusade rocked. it's a shame it didn't last longer:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement