Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poll: Boards.ie and the phonebill...

• 29-01-2002 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious to see how the rest of you cope...

The damage accessing Boards.ie does to the phonebill... 64 votes

doesn't count because it's my employer's phonebill
    0% 0 votes
    is manageable because I don't spam
    20% 13 votes
    is killing me - I could've bought a car last year if I didn't post
    10% 7 votes
    is worth it because its my lifeline to the outside world
    9% 6 votes
    is paid by my parents
    6% 4 votes
    I get it for free
    12% 8 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    40% 26 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You forgot to put down
    "I have free internet access"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

No... don't think so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yes do think so.. free internet access from college and work :rolleyes: ha ha :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

i agree wit oj, doesnt affect me coz i have free internet access at home :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

since there was no valid option for me, I decided to go for atari jaguar. In fairness though, I think I would have chosen atari jaguar even if there was a valid option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Wheres the "I'm sponging off Eircom's dsl trial" option? Oh... there it is... Atari...!

Originally posted by azezil
    yes do think so.. free internet access from college and work ha ha

Please see "doesn't count because it's my employer's phonebill" and "Atari Jaguar" options
    Originally posted by Lucifer.POD
    i agree wit oj, doesnt affect me coz i have free internet access at home

Please see "is paid by my parents" option to cover free internet access at home
    Originally posted by Baz_
    since there was no valid option for me, I decided to go for atari jaguar. In fairness though, I think I would have chosen atari jaguar even if there was a valid option.

'Atari Jaguar' is a valid option by virtue of the fact that it's included in the poll.

Invalid options would include "Purple is a fruit" and "One of its legs is both the same".

Mental note: Never, EVER post a poll again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

€140 just for internet charges last billing period..
    damnit i hate handing over money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by azezil
    free internet access from college

great isn't it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by smak

great isn't it!!
    its da bomb! :D (wtf does that mean! lol)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ffs, all this "arti jaguar" shíte just ruins polls IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

added an option and change the votes to suit it....

"its my employers phone bill" dose not really count as in most cases, people get a connection through some form of pernament connection, therefore no phonebill for it.

Originally posted by Monty - the one and only
    added an option and change the votes to suit it....

"its my employers phone bill" dose not really count as in most cases, people get a connection through some form of pernament connection, therefore no phonebill for it.

Oh really? So, essentially, you could change the poll to include the option "doesn't bother me because I get to read the meanderings of Monty the Sex God and that's worth every penny" and alter it to reflect 100% of the votes in that case...

:D

OJ, I don't mind adding Atari Jaguar to a poll because it acts as a fitting substitute for the "don't know/don't care/not applicable/no opinion" option.

Mental note: Jesus, the next time you think of posting a poll, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Guess it's atari jaguar for me then..seing as I spooge of the college whenever I can..but I still have to pay for it at home.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

yes, tis great Monty, at least until I get caught for not working!
    in my defence, one needs a little break now and again :o)

(please, no one mention the fact that I am still looking at the screen and so therefore it is not really a helpful break)

Originally posted by Minesajackdaniels

OJ, I don't mind adding Atari Jaguar to a poll because it acts as a fitting substitute for the "don't know/don't care/not applicable/no opinion" option.
    /B]

Why be a follower and not be a leader?
    you must have gotten it off someone off boards, and why don't you add the feature "don't know/don't care/not applicable/no opinion" its that easy, and the new people here can understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now now OJ attack the poll, not the pollster. It's bad manners to be calling people weekminded. Sure do you not remember the poll that didnt have the atari jaguar option. That was ugly.

Originally posted by OJ

Why be a follower and not be a leader?
    you must have gotten it off someone off boards, and why don't you add the feature "don't know/don't care/not applicable/no opinion" its that easy, and the new people here can understand.

*BAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAA BAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Excuse me, just clearing my throat.

Besides, I can't edit an already-posted poll, that's Monty's job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by Minesajackdaniels

Oh really? So, essentially, you could change the poll to include the option "doesn't bother me because I get to read the meanderings of Monty the Sex God and that's worth every penny" and alter it to reflect 100% of the votes in that case...

:D

Goddamn it, you just gave him an idea!

Give it a few days and you never know what Monty'll edit it to

:):D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Doesnt affect me cos would have spent the same amount of time on the internet anyways.

just means i spend more time on boards and less time looking at other stuff

Advertisement