Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone any ADSL time info?

Options
  • 29-01-2002 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I can't bring myself to post this on the ireland offline forum as I'll invariably get stabbed by the various 'you're so damn lucky to have even got a trial' ... but does anyone have any clue as to when they'll offer it as a retail product again. I'm moving house on the 8th of February and I can't bear to go back to dial up; The thing is my work is based on the web and it's made my life soooo much easier...

Any thoughts on when ......

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nobody'll stab you TrickyKid, they'll just tell you that they don't know. Nobody knows, except possibly the ODTR and Eircom. Could be tomorrow, could be next year. Sorry man, that's the boat we're all in.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by TrickyKid
    I can't bring myself to post this on the ireland offline forum as I'll invariably get stabbed by the various 'you're so damn lucky to have even got a trial' ... but does anyone have any clue as to when they'll offer it as a retail product again. I'm moving house on the 8th of February and I can't bear to go back to dial up; The thing is my work is based on the web and it's made my life soooo much easier...

Any thoughts on when ......

I spoke to an Eircom tech support person last night, and basically they don't have any definite date as to when there going to officially launch it. So I am presuming that when my trial finishes, 10th Feb., if I tell them I want to keep it but they haven't officially launched it, then I still get to keep it for free as they are not allowed to charge for it yet.(?) ;)

BTW when you move house will your new phone line be connected to an ADSL exchange?

If not I'm in the same boat. I'm moving to Kinnegad in April and there is no chance in hell Eircom or anyone else (Esat, please,please,please) is going to upgrade the local exchange. My best chance is for FRIACO, which I believe has become an election issue and may be resolved sooner than we think! (fingers crossed)

viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Nobody'll stab you TrickyKid, they'll just tell you that they don't know. Nobody knows, except possibly the ODTR and Eircom. Could be tomorrow, could be next year. Sorry man, that's the boat we're all in.

adam

I suppose I just wanted some mindless uplifting speculation ... and that ireland offline wasn't the place for it ;)

As for what viking asked, ... well despite the fact that I'm staying within the same exchange [and that clearly my trial at this address will cease] Eircom said for three reasons that they couldn't move my trial...

1. They didn' t have any room left in the trial (to which I countered mine would be going away creating a space),

2. They didn't have any appointments left with the installers

3. That the ODTR wouldn't necessarily allow it, I followed this up with the ODTR and they suggested that Eircom were correct, that the 'licenses' for the trial were issued specifying a number of installations and that this would be a breach of that ...

grrrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by TrickyKid

grrrr...

bummer...

Advertisement