Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording from audio tape to CD via PC

• 07-11-2000 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Is it possible to record from audio tape to a cd via a computer? The reason being, I have a few cherished tapes that are very old now and I don't want them to end up getting damaged. If anyone knows if its possible and how to do it, let me know.

Many Thanks

Phil Jones

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

yeah you can...

one way is to take a "line out" or headphone out from your stereo into your sound card's "line in".

your soundcard prolly has some wave recording program that lets you record the track as a .wav file which you can then convert or something...

other guys will tell you different and probably way better methods below...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeh, that's pretty much the way I'd do it...
    Only I'd keep them as mp3's smile.gif

You might also want to tweak the tracks a bit too... get rid of noise and sort out the volume levels.
    Any recommended proggies for that, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Ya, u can take a microphone from ure pc, and put ure walkman headphones around it, and play it real loud like, and uuuh record it, 'n stuff, and aah, ummm yes, well.
    *cough*ImDeadSeriousLike*cough* rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Planon doing the same thing (But MP3ing instead).
    Get CoolEdit 2000 http://www.syntrillium.com. As it has an optional noise-filter plugin. You record the Tape as a Wave, then use the plugin to record and analyse a few seconds of 'silence' (Hiss) from the same tape. Then it processes the original Wave and removes the inherent hiss.
    Nice.

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 08-11-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

download them old toons from napster, tis what i do smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

make sure you have the vol at a minimal level so that there isent mutch distortion record it with cool edit pro which creed put there site up then tweik it around i done it a while back but with a vinal it worked good for me should do the same for you .

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

Advertisement