Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet-free day

Options
  • 29-01-2002 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Group calls for Internet-free day

LONDON, Jan. 27 — A British campaign group has used a Web site to call for Internet users to log off and enjoy a Web-free day in the open air.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/694774.asp?0si=-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Funny, they're trying to do the opposite of what IOFFL are*, by using the same vehicle. :) I don't think internet usage is high enough yet to justify this kind of protest, it's not as if millions of people are glued to the web 24 hours a day (Only a small clan are - led by richindub2 :D).

*That is, IOFFL are (indirectly) trying to encourage net use, and this group are trying to discourage it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I want to move this, but I can't decide where to...

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

fire'y pits of hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭NeilF

enjoy a Web-free day in the open air

I hope it rains :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

LOL. Well, I'm joining in, I'm off outside.

I'll just check my email first.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

"Net-Free Day"
    The Yanks do it annually AFAIK
    Thanksgiving day I think.

Very much a thing done in "mature" Comms Markets, not like in our foetal structure;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

someone give me a hand throwing this adsl modem, out the window. I cant do it quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Perhaps we could have their bandwidth for the day to have our own web-free day - in that we wouldn't have to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

want to move this, but I can't decide where to...

recycle bin :D

Advertisement