Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer events in London?

• 29-01-2002 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

I'm going to London tomorrow (Wednesday) for a week to visit my brother, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any computer/electronics events or shows that might be on, or anywhere I can find out whats on in this area? I know it's a bit of a long shot, but I figure it's worth a try. Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

What kind of events did you have in mind?

If you mean fairs where you can pick up cheap hardware, then the Tottenham Court Road on Saturday morning is the best bet. Get off at Warren Street tube (on the Northern Line, Charing Cross branch) and turn left - as you walk along you're bound to see folk holding big signs for "Computer Fairs".

They're full of exceptionally dodgy geezers selling knocked off stuff, but excellent if you want hardware on the cheap. The stores along the Tottenham Court Road itself are also worth looking into if you want to poke at some leet hardware and home entertainment stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Excellent I'll definitely check that out, nice one Shinji.

I don't really have anything particular in mind (sorry for being so vague), I'm just looking for things to do in London while I'm there, and I wouldn't mind having a look at some leet hardware and home entertainment stuff while I'm at it!

Advertisement