Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bit of an odd one

• 06-11-2000 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how to release the steering lock on a Mitsubishi Pajero? Don't ask rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Do a search in your "c:\windows\mitsubishi" folder for "steeringlock.cfg", go to the line: "wheellocked = 1" and change the '1' to a '0' and your sorted.

I know... I know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

I always find that a good belt with a crowbar will release the stearing lock on most cars, hehe,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

lol smile.gif

Thank christ it's not my car eek.gif

It's been sitting idle for a week now cos the lock won't release biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Did you prehaps try ringing the suppliers or the car company for help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Ok- locking the steering wheel is normally done by turning it one way or the other as far as it will go when the engine is off, right? - Normally, what works for me to 'unlock' it afterward is to put the key in the ignition, turn it to the last setting before "start" and click the wheel that bit more forward in the same direction. Worth a shot.

bard2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I had one of them yokes but dont exactly remember the lock...
    Usually there is a button under the steering column, just behind the wheel, which when depressed along with jiggling the wheel and turning the key should do it... or else tow it up to the 'fermot for about 3.5 seconds and 'twill be done...just like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Obvious but seeing as no one else tried to answer the question - Turn wheel (hang out of it) and jiggle key in ignition. Thats how it usually works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Sometimes pressing the clutch fully down the letting it go has an effect dont ask me why but its on some cars..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I rtfm b4 posting and it said turn the key to the first position and jiggle the wheel - but that didn't work. She got on to the dealer in the end and they said you have to really force the key to turn the key to the first position rolleyes.gif Almost broke the f'in key :0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i had the same problem with a sidewinder force feedback once.

Advertisement