Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pci 3d cards

• 08-11-2000 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering if any of the geforce 2 cards (outrageous geforce2 gts, creative geforce2 gts etc.) come in PCI? i know the voodoo 5500 comes in PCI but the geforce cards are better....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yes, you can get an extra 3 fps in your favourite game.
    word will go much faster and excel will add up your rows by themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

What cpu have you got.
    Ive got a k62 500 with a voodoo 3 and im CPU limited, in that my games are slow because of the speed of my processor not my vid card. If i got a brand spanking new geforce 2 games wouldnt be much faster at all.

If its a lowish spec then the best increase you can get is from your processor.

Get a 1.1ghz athlon TBird and an outragous(ly priced) geforce 2. Assuming your made of lots of dollarinos.

Snags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

i have a p3533. the main reason i want to avoid the voodoo 5500 is because it might not even fit into the computer and because you have to connect an extra power cable which is a pain. i just want to know if there any pci geforce 2 cards, so i can consider all my options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

snaga, the geforce helps the cpu out, so you would get a bit of a boost. Theres an article on www.anandtech.com about what upgrades are best for a k6-2 system.

Advertisement