Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NT4 setup - Specifying mass storage

• 08-11-2000 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

During an NT setup on the mass storage detection screen there is an option to specify additional h/w. In this case I have an adaptec aic 7892 scsi controller which isn't supported by NT setup (needs 3rd party driver). I've got the correct driver in the form of a .sys and a .ini file but when I point NT to the floppy containing the relevant files it draws a blank. Any ideas what format these drivers should be in for nt setup to recognise them ?
    Anyone ?
    Bueller ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I think you might be short a .inf file....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

When you say "it draws a blank" do you mean it loads the drive and continues on then says it cant find any mass storage devices??

if so you need to press F6 during the initial part of setup when you see the following "Setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration" .

This will abort NT's auto detect and it will prompt you for the drivers.

Stephen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Spot on Yoss.
    Thx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

{oops}

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 10-11-2000).]

Advertisement