Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get digital TV with a PC-TV card?

• 30-01-2002 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I was wondering if I bought a DVB PC-TV card, would I be able to pick up any free-to-air terrestrial or cable channels? PC World have them for sale, and on the packaging it says that BBC1/2, ITV1/2, C4, C5 are available. I know it was obviously designed for the UK market, but is there any chance of it working here to pick up the Irish channels?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I saw them myself in PC World in Blanchardstown, the ones I saw only work for ITV Digital reception, i.e. just for Digital Terrestrial, so they wont work down here.....

They do have a digital satellite card, the WIN TV Nova.
    I dont have that myself, but I do have an analog TV card from Hauppage, and I cant recommend them highly enough.

There are 4 models available:

WinTV DVB-s and WinTV Nova does FTA digital satellite

WinTV Nova-t (PCI) and WinTV Nova-t (USB) do FTA terrestrial digital.

Check out http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Baz999

Thanx 4 d info Damo!!

Advertisement