Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capturing graphics

• 30-01-2002 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

OK guys, you've been helpful before, so now I am gonna try this one on you.

I want to capture a print output onto a pc. However the page includes graphics, so if i use something like hyperterminal the text part comes out ok, but the graphics are unintelligible.

Can this be done, and if so, how ?

Over to you......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is it just a screen capture you want to do? What way have you tried so far? You could try paint shop pro, it has a very good screen capture utility..

Have you tried simply pressing the print scrn key on the keyboard? I wont capture your mouse cursor but usually gets everything else.. it saves in clipboard so just go into a graphics program and paste! MS paint can even be used!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

This is no good, as the output is not coming from a pc. The output is in a format that will print on a hp laserjet, and I want to intercept this signal so that it can be stored etc. etc.

Thnx for the suggestion anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Oh i see.. in that case im not sure... never tried it.
    You probably have tried this but what about printing to a file and copying the file? Never bothered to try it either but worth the suggestion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know, but something tells me it may not work

cheers

Advertisement