Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Cinema/HiFi Forum?

• 30-01-2002 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Any others interested in such a Forum being launched?

EDIT: For the sake of clarity (and consensus) it would be called something along the lines of Audio/Visual, encompassing all related topics.

HTH

Forum for Home Cinema? 29 votes

Yep
    0% 0 votes
    Nope
    68% 20 votes
    A wha?
    31% 9 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Whats wrong with the Films/TV forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Wow, that was quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Easy - cos it often gets bogged down in silly debates such as Black Hawk Down - discussions that go nowhere, fast! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Home Cinema is about Hardware.
    Films/TV is about content.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Why don't you discuss the problems of setting up a home cinema/HiFi in the Tech forum, its there for kind of not so populated boards
    IMO we don't need a home cimema/hifi as we have films/tv and technology.

• Advertisement

When you see a Forum called "Gaeilge" with a total of 9 posts in over a month, I'd expect the demand for this would be at least the same ;)

Well, you have a point, but I think "Gailge" has bit of an advantage, The forum is Irish, the majority of people are Irish, and it would be quite silly if there wasn't our own langauge forum..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

can't believe this forum hasn't recvd more support...oh yes i can. badly designed, no scratch that, poorly bogged down menus me thinks...

how many times have you spent ages trying to search for a post u recently replied to because you can't find remember where the post originated? (not entirely a design fault)

ICDG wha?

Misc who?

Games Technology and Classifieds the only appropo links that are usefull and easy to use.

P.S. > Back on track...this is a highly needed forum that would be a nice addition to the technology trail...post a link to this poll somewhere usefull like technology, otherwise you won't find any support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Its a bit confusing at first (took me a while to find my own board :eek: )but u get used to the layout after a while. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

err somehow i don't think that the readers of Films/TV would be interested in a debate about the benefits of properly shielded interconnects.

as said elsewhere, its rare that it crops up on Technology, but has appeared a LOT more than mac related ****..

dvdplayers/amps/receivers/speakers/setups/wheretobuy etc.

I'd be more inclined to call it audio/video than home cinema though.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kali
    I'd be more inclined to call it audio/video than home cinema though.

Agreed Kali. It's all a question of semantics.

I would like somewhere specific where these can be discussed - the Technology forum can get too cluttered with discussions varying from graphics cards to home networking & cat 5 cable to Bite Ltd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

I'm in the process of setting one up here (I mean right in the process), I could do with members & suggestions for it...

will you get the numbers that boards.ie gets though?

EDIT: Just had a peek - mispelling of Gaming..

I think you might be overkilling wrt the number of forums you have - splitting Audio and Visual, for example.

Will you get that many vinyl users? ;)

Cheers MM - just fixed the spelling (I knew it was wrong, but it didn't look wrong... yaknow ?)

probably won't get that many vinyl postings but needed to have it there as a format anyway.

Not looking for the traffic boards gets (couldn't pay the bandwidth anyway), but wanted something for my hobbies.

Any other suggestions ?

Originally posted by ThreadKiller
    Any other suggestions ?

Well, what about including a description of what each Forum will cover?

For example say DVD (covering amps, receivers, speakers etc) I wouldn't put it in the Audio section as it would be at cross purposes. It would be specific to enhancing your DVD player - or is it only DVD discs?.

Same could go for TV & Cinema - is TV meant to cover technological stuff or just programming etc?

HTH

OK done. Anything else ?

(there's a specific home cinema forum there now too).

Apart from my fee? :D

Nah - nice one. Let me know when you kick start it.

It's up & running now, just need people to come... (what was all that "if you build it, they will come" crap) :D

if anyone wants to sign up, http://www.ten.ie/forum I'm going to be working on the rest of the site over time, but I would like to get the forums running...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

millions of forums, = people not bothered to check them all.

I know since technology got so split up, the content on the boards has been low, and good threads have been missed.

home cinema can be put on fims/tv board, or the main technology board, they are at least checked.

Though maybe people just like to flash their "moderator" title around ? seems to be the only reason for so many boards

"I support this board, and if you need a moderator for it...."

Hmm - even one of the Mods of Technology has agreed with a new board. Not called Home Cinema, but Audio/Visual so that it can encompass more.

He has a point. Who said anything about wanting to mod it, Astrofool? I suggested it (the Forum/Board) initially ok, but hadn't even thought about wanting to mod it - and still haven't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

i agree that there is a growing need for this board with dvd's and home cinema equipment etc becoming more popular. the tech board can be too busy at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

the tech board is never ever too busy, what do you define as too busy anyway ?

Advertisement