Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie needing help...

Options
  • 30-01-2002 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Bought Q3 when it first came out 18 months ago, but at the time was not aware of any Irish servers in existence so I spent my time just playing against bots.

I've just discovered boards.ie and was pleased to find the Quake discussion group, and the fact that there are a number of Irish Quake servers up and runnning now.

I tries to d/l the the latest patch (1.31) from quake.ie but am getting a timeout error after about 1 hour. Also, which file needs to be d/l to get OSP from www.orangesmoothie.org?

Thanks in advance,
    madds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I downloaded the 1.31 file off quake.ie not too long ago and there was no error in the download... so i'd say its your isp timing out? are you using a download manager that allows you to resume?

the osp file you need is OSP 1.0 full, its 41.1mb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

I got the 1.31 patch (got it from ftp.quake.ie), and am now d/ling OSP, which is as you say fairly sizable at 40MB odd.

Thanks for your help.

madds

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Dont forget to check out #quake.ie on irc.barrysworld.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

gamespy is very handy.

save yourself the download if your on a slow connect and get it from the cover disk of a games mag, you'll prolly find the q3 updates on the disc aswell.

you can get yourself mIRC here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

There is a help section up on quake.ie http://www.quake.ie/html/main-help.asp?item=1

If you are interested in playing in a competition, we are starting a 1-on-1 competition on Quake.ie, just go to the site, click on the guy with the gun on the right, and add your name and email in the comments.

Z.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Thanks guys....won't be installing these d/l's until later (when i get home from work).....but look forward to meeting up with u guys later.

madds

Advertisement