Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoyed with eircom? Some people write websites about it...

• 08-11-2000 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting... ish... http://www.eircon.org/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

He posts here you know smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

HAHA - They threatened to sue him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Looks like a generic cease-and-desist letter to me. I would bet the lawyers didn't even break a sweat for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well i hope they try and sue him and go through the embarisment of being told by the judge to fu<k off its perfectaly ok to do it

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

well i hope they try and sue him and go through the embarisment of being told by the judge to fu<k off its perfectaly ok to do it

It is and it isn't. Trademark law is pretty vague, and always has been. The reason I wasn't willing to get into a legal battle over the logos was that Eircon have plenty of wedge to plough into a long, drawn-out court case, whereas I don't have the time, the money or the inclination.

And there would, sadly, be a good chance of the judge siding with our favourite telco, because Eircon is still inextricably tied to the government. It would be suicide for me and my company to get involved in something like that.

But if you support the concept, feel free to post your comments on the board there, and tell your friends. The more people know about it, the better; and the more hits the site gets, the more I'll be inclined to continue and possibly expand the site into a generic communications watchdog (which was the original intention).

Just no script kiddy, "eIRcoM R CrAp" postings please - they achieve nothing, and get the site a bad name. I don't want that kind of support.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

but e1rC0m ARE cR@p!
    smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

/me loves Eircom. No Really I swear.

Actually Eircom rang the house giving out to me mother and looking for a reason why she changed to the ESAT phone service. Yer wan on the phone was muttering something about having new "lower" rates, even though esat are still MUCH cheaper, she wanted us to change back, My mother kind of told her to go shíte.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Nice one, Lump's ma!!!

Advertisement