Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone heard of a system called Banner... something to do with HEANET ?

• 30-01-2002 3:47pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any info on this project? I dont really know where to ask this (apart from College Play as well...)

Just hunting for info, anyone heard of it please contact me or reply here. Thanks.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

This is a complete shot in the dark, but is it somehow related to heanets connection to internet2 ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Is it some sort of Banner Exchange or Webring sorta thing??
    Maybe between Colleges and Institutions connected up to HEANET??

Otherwise I'm dumbfounded, although I'd recommend just calling or mailing HEANET to ask for a brief summisation.
    [The front door often works better than the back!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

unless its something to do with its error reporting tokens system? either way *whoosh* over my head unfortunaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭wintermute

In the context of HEANET, Banner is an integrated administrative system for processing student entries for colleges. It's based on Oracle and runs under True64 (possible 2K also).

All the Irish Institutes of Technology either have or will have it in the very near future.

Banner also comes in the form of business managment programs.

I think it's disributed by a company called SCT.

I've worked with it before in a networking / security context so if you have a specific question post it and I'll try to answer.

Advertisement