Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ip: Broadband Won't Happen By Accident

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

very interesting (no pun intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Nice one Adam. Great article. Well spotted :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fixer gets the credit.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I had a few million spare :) This is why i got so exited about the ESB,s new loop and the fact they already have masts on every square mile of this country(they are called pilons at the moment :) ) just adds to the exitment.All we need now is for someone with the forsight and the money and Ireland could well show the world how its done.My only concern would be that the best Medium at present would be microwaves(faster than light doncha know) and im still not 100% on there affect on living matter (i.e me :) ).Though it strikes me that the ESB would be idealy suited to this as they have men out working in the field 256 days of the year just chuck em a transmitter to bung up every time they go out have techians go out and fine tune the transmitters once they are up and hey preston super duper fiber optic *cough cough* microwave combo network in no time with national coverage.

Stone

Ps smart fella that

http://www.upscale.utoronto.ca/GeneralInterest/Harrison/SpecRel/Superluminal.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

This is why i got so exited about the ESB,s new loop and the fact they already have masts on every square mile of this country(they are called pilons at the moment

Yes, that's all well and good, but the ESB have already stated publicly that they are not interested in creating an alternative local loop, only an alternative backbone. It /is/ an important development, but it still leaves the ESB's customers with the local loop problem to deal with.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Let the customer deal with the loop himself using irishwans wireless network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr99

faster than light doncha know

Ehh do you know something that Einstein doesn't ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Good article that

OT: this thing that goes faster than light. I am interested in your plans for converting this "microwave" thing for use as a method of transporting people and wish to receive your newsletter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

nice article.. It kinda makes me feel like there's no hope for us.. _ever_ :(

Advertisement