Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox TV ads

• 30-01-2002 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

I can't think of anywhere more relevant than this to post this...

http://195.92.178.248/media2/01_02/champagne.wmv

This is one of the cleverest, coolest TV ads I've ever seen. It's not up its own ar$e like the PS2 ads, for a start. And it's bloody entertaining, even if I do suspect that we won't be seeing it on telly before 9pm :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

You can catch them on Game-Network too, [wrong]

They have completely changed the adverts that they used in america.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Sega were the advert masters.

remember the old "Pirate TV" adverts from the early 90's?

There would be a really dull ad for washing powder and it would get knocked off the air by a bunch of hackers broadcasting from a Pirate TV network. It had the actor who used do "Spud-gun" in bottom telling you how fast and advanced the Mega Drive was. At the end there was a skull and cross bones.

"To be this good takes AGES" (Sega Backwards)

America got the Sega Scream adverts which were equally cool. "SAY-GA!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

They have completely changed the adverts that they used in america.

Yeah - the Americans got a pile of "woo hoo the xbox kicks a$$ yee-haw" nauseating type advertising. MS Europe decided that Europeans were as likely to buy products based on ads like that as they are to invest in chocolate fireguards, and this is the first fruit of their own European ad campaign.

I don't know if it's going to sell any Xboxen but it's a cool ad :)

Advertisement