Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New board suggestion

• 31-01-2002 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

How about a History/mythology board?

I'm faily ok on Irish history but have a keen interest in Mythology... celtic, greek, roman, egyptian and even some chineese! :)

So how about it yah or nah?

(with me as co-mod ;))

History/mythology board? 25 votes

Oh hell yeah
    0% 0 votes
    No way man
    56% 14 votes
    I like to touch myself!
    44% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

in fact i just posted one about a myth doc in after hourse - film/tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

just replyed to it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by azezil
    How about a History/mythology board?

I'm faily ok on Irish history but have a keen interest in Mythology... celtic, greek, roman, egyptian and even some chineese! :)

So how about it yah or nah?

(with me as co-mod ;))
    No, the same kind of reasoning was used for the wargames board and thats barely used...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wouldn't this kind of thing fit into humanities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

I like to touch myself! clearly.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Stephen
    Wouldn't this kind of thing fit into humanities?
    how so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I definitely like this idea - often think it's a bit pompous of mankind to believe it's only been civilised since just before the beginning of the Christian calendar.

I used to have a load of those 'Ripley's Believe it or Not' type books - I remember reading a snippet about archaeologists digging through a site where an ancient Inca/Aztec civilisation once stood, and discovering a layer of fused glass - the same sort of effect you get when you expolde a nuclear bomb over a desertified area...

Naturally I wouldn't trust the contents of a cheap American paperback as far as I could throw them (which can be quite far if I'm trying to get a chattering magpie off the back wall), but still, I'm all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I'd say it would fit under the humanities board.

Not sure I'd put history and mythology together though. While some religions consider their mythology to be actual history (fundamentalist Christians) most either believe that it isn't necessarily an accurate history, or that it isn't history at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Oh, and I'd happily co-mod as well.

Not sure I'd put history and mythology together though. While some religions consider their mythology to be actual history (fundamentalist Christians) most either believe that it isn't necessarily an accurate history, or that it isn't history at all.
    While i agree with u on that point, I just though it an appropriate mix to encourage more traffic to the forum. I submit sci-fi/fantasy an example of what i mean :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Oh hell yeah  3 33.33% 
    No way man  3 33.33% 
    I like to touch myself!  3 33.33% 

real cut and dry issue here i see :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Wheres Atari Jaguar?

yeah! where is Atari Jaguar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think it is a good idea

feck ye n ye'r atari jaguars! :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Now see what muppets would vote "arti jaguar" if you had of added it in..
    Good man on leaving it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

wan oj!!!

Well I wouldnt exactly say HELL YEAH!!, and all the usual arguements stand (no demand etc.) However, I believe that we will never see a demand for this board without the board there, as there really isnt a board this would fit in.

So you get a yay from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Create a sticky in Afterhours if you can start an interesting post, if it gets popular then maybe you'd need a board....

as far as i can see this is a blatent attempt at "oh start a new board!..... can I be a mod?" :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

apart from azezil's oppertunism....

its a great idea.....
    People can post about the history\legends\mythology that interests them and there is so much stuff to cover

Originally posted by smiles

as far as i can see this is a blatent attempt at "oh start a new board!..... can I be a mod?" :)

gathering_addtoast.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

That's the best damn gathering card I've seen in a long time. Plyd.

Advertisement