Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2's Hanover Quay Studios

Options
  • 31-01-2002 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

Ye know they're gonna be knocked down....? Petition to save em here;

Sign the petition
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Personally, I think that the studios should be knocked, and greater access allowed to the public to that particular area of Dublin.

Of course U2 will be catered for with a new building somewhere near the area, that's fine, innit?

DDDA is developing an area of Dublin which badly needs it, let them get on with the job at hand I say.

BTW, this is less to do with music and more to do with 'politics'. I'll leave it here for the time being though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

err, why do you want to save them?

I doubt anyone even knows where they are. Its a pretty non-descript place. If it was the Windmill Wall, then maybe i could understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

The area is already being over-developed. It's a tiny piece of land surrounded by water and should be left as it is. It's also part of our musical heritage. The powers that be are just trying to make even more money cos they know the price of property there will astronomical in five years time. Compulsory buying orders are legalised theft. What if it was your pad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Tazz, this summer, take a viking splash tour, (those yokes go right into the water there), and go have a look. It badly needs a lick of paint, to say the least. ;) That's not to say I don't like it the way it is, I grew up playing in and around places just like it, but the city moves on, so should U2.

If it was my pad? I'd be pissed off, but if I owned a nice big piece of property right on the Quays, I think I could take it a bit easier.

Save U2's pad? Yes, I want to join the flock, shave me after the winter and make a jumper, take a couple of chops off for your evening meal, and in conclusion, BAAAAAAAAAAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its not part of our musical heritage. They recorded 2 albums there, Pop and All That You Cant Leave Behind.

Just to re-iterate, we are NOT talking about Windmill Lane here. Every album up untill and including Achtung Baby was done there, and thats the place with the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

Musical heritage my arse!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BlackMagic

the music heritage can kiss my arse , besides thats not the music heritage :mad:

Advertisement