Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opt in email ?

Options
  • 31-01-2002 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Do any of you know where I could get some code to place an opt in mail form on a web-page ?

Currently there's nearly 500 people on a mail list that a friend of mine runs (cinema listings) but IOL have put a filter to allow no more than 25 recipients on a BCC. He wants to be able to put a box on his website where people can opt in free of charge & he can just log into an account & send out a weekly (sometimes b-weekly) listing to all recipients (or email it to a central address & it's then forwarded on), whithout the people who sign up for it being spammed into oblivion.

Anyone know ?

TNX in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What OS are you running?
    What mailserver are you running?
    What webserver are you running?
    What scripting languages are available?
    Do you have access to mailman or another mailing list server?

*sigh*

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Sorry, my bad...

What OS are you running?

- it's on an NT server

- No idea

What webserver are you running?

- IIS4

- No idea, I'm just looking into it as a favour

- thought of that but it only works on unix doesn't it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

- it's on an NT server
    - IIS4

Out of my juristiction then. :)

- no idea

It mightn't be necessary, but then again it might.

- No idea, I'm just looking into it as a favour

Well, you'll need to find out. How can you run code if you don't know what runs?

- thought of that but it only works on unix doesn't it ?

I'm not sure, but there are other mailing list server out there anyway.

I think you'd be better off looking for a mailing list host. A lot of them charge for it now, but I reckon there'll still be a few freebie hosts out there. Have a look here to start.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

You could get an ASP script for doing it (try HotScripts ) or you could go with getting a list set up with someone like Coollists

I would recomend getting an ASP script if your mate has access to set up databases and the like.. keeps it all within the web-site :)

Gamb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

As I posted I was browsing around some ASP Sites looking for something for my own site and I saw this site:
    http://scripts.ocean12tech.com/

Haven't installed any of their stuff, but the Mailing list managers feature list looks good...

• Advertisement
Advertisement