Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know somewhere that will do Custom Laser Cutting?

Options
  • 31-01-2002 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a design Cut out of the side of My PC (You lot have me hooked on this whole modding thing damnit.. Looking for some Neon String later today ;)) but want to get a major job done on it along the lines of this page... (Be warned, he regularly exceeds his BW limit so you may need to visit a few times before you get through) but need to find somewhere that will do custom laser cutting if possible in Dublin :(

Gamb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

If you know anyone doing a physics degree, they probably have access to a nice CO2 laser. Shouldn't cost too much either (beer...), and I reckon they will actually appreciate what you are trying to do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Anyone here doing a Physics Degree? :) I have Beeeeerrrr

Used my head for a change and looked up the Golden Pages. Will let you know how I get on with it tomorrow (all the places are closed now :()

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

you could just get an asediline torch and cut it. Give it taht 'industrial german effect'.
    My cousin does stufff like that, but more so for businesses. He's also in Galway. Nevermind actaully :)

Though about going for a torch, but the thing is I would say that could end up looking pretty messy... I want a fairly precise edge to the cuts..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

I know its a little late but you might get away with whats called a CNC machine. Its like a big plotter with a spinning cutter that can cut patterns out of material like mild steel.Its takes instructions from a plugin that talks to autocad or the like. A sheet fabricator
    might have one .

halfab

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Or the Mechanical Engineering Department in any college/IT/University/Whatever

Advertisement