Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardcore

Options
  • 31-01-2002 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

AMERICAN HEAD CHARGE
    WILL HAVEN
    OTEP
    AMEN
    ATDI
    these are the bands that jive.

the only irish hardore -type band that i've seen are CORRUPTED.

i'm not an expert on the whole genre-tag's thing but you know what i mean by hardcore.

are there any irish heavy ass jivers that are gigging/have a demo out?

if so,who?

also are there any other top notch hardcore bands around that i should know about?

the best modern rock and roll band:
    ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT

nothing compares;though they may try

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

You might check out Superskin - playing Issac Butt on Sat night. They opened for Will Haven and Tattoo the Planet.

http://www.superskin.co.uk

another heavier Irish band is Skyjack.

http://www.skyjackmusic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

Superskin are a good band but they did not open for Will Haven - Cyclefly and Sugarcoma did - both of whom were brutal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

Parnell Mooneys accross from the ambassador has good hardcore/punk etc on thursday nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I was in HMV and they had both Blink 182 and Sum 41 under "Metal" - ho ho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Superskin are one of the WORST bands I've ever had the vile displeasure of hearing...

They aren't worth the money that'd be made if we sold their bodies as landfill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

dunno about "hardcore", but check these out - something similar to the bands you've listed -
    fugazi
    trail of the dead
    dismemberment plan
    quicksand
    les savy fav
    rival schools
    modest mouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

away with your emo ways,tibor!! ;)

Jives for the thing about parnell mooney,i saw a poster in sound cellar for it and i wasnt sure if it was just a pop-punk crap-ass thing.

superskin did open for will haven;they were one of the original support acts...i'm fairly sure.

skyjack;are they hard-on balls-out heaviers or heavy emo---*grimacing at tibor*...
    i like most music,but im just on a mission to find heavy ass bands in ireland.

but we musnt always take life so seriously;like just today i'm listening to *my brothers* NOFX...i'm not going to say what irish bands i thought that i was listening to instead...nods at trev m,knowingly...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

umm, skindive are kinda heavy. sometimes.
    not sure if they're what your lookin for, in fact but for heavy-ish irish stuff see large mound and daemien frost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BlackMagic

Originally posted by Monkey
    I was in HMV and they had both Blink 182 and Sum 41 under "Metal" - ho ho

yea i saw that to , so are limp bizkit and linkin park :rolleyes:

Advertisement