Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 31-01-2002 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Just saw this board and was wondering.. What is CTYI??

Gamb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

ctyi is kind of like brainy camp,only not as geeky as it sounds.

i always get the mental image of people sitting around playing with skientific calculators when i think of "brainy camp",but i still use the term all the time.

but ctyi is rreeeeeaaaalllly cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

hey adam
    how about a "what is ctyi" sticky - then we can all stick our descriptions of ctyi there and not have to repeat them every few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I don't like it being described as "Brain Camp".

It's a haven for the odd and not-so odd.

Anyway, It's Sinatras CTYI - we just live in it!

Dum dee doo wha doo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

yeah, adam , lets make a sticky "what is ctyi?" thread. as i read this thread i was like "heeeere we go again."

but gambler, ctyi is the mecca of the (slightly intelligent) weirdo. basically its a camp at dcu for a few weeks in the summer and its supposed to be academics oriented but..... well, you know. its the best time of a ctyiers life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Maybe I amn't brainy enough for you lot but does anyone wanna tell me what it Stands for :P:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is this board like that freaky Geek club Bart ended up in when he was classed as a genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

CTYI stands for:

C entre for the T alented Y outh of I reland.

Its is NOT like Barts nerd camp, so :P

Yes, i grow tired of posting and re-posting this stuff, so just put a what is ctyi? sticky. it'd save so many posters from arthritis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Whay are you people trying to sound fancy - just face it this is Barts Nerd camp :D - complete with MARTIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Actually Mark, i was just thinking that as i read the first post... :)

But this thread isnt exactly descriptive in topic, so Ill post a new one.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Evilgeorge:

HEHEHEHE.......no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement