Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom prices gone up?

Options
  • 31-01-2002 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

This could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I saw a little interesting 'fine print' on an eircom ad yesterday....The ad said something like 1.27c per minute, blah, blah, but I'm pretty sure I saw a little message saying 'Minimum call charge 5.08c' at the bottom just as the ad ended. I was going to check this out, but there seems to be some problem with IE and eircom on this comp. This never existed before afair, can they do this - even as they are arguing with the ODTR? :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

That's very interesting. If it's true it will leave alot of customers irrate (as if they are not already!). Our phone bills are too high as it is, and after seeing the "Surf no Limits" thing cancelled, this just makes irish telecommunications laughable.

P.S i know "Surf No Limits" was with ESAT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I thought there was always a minimum call charge?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭R_Tribesman

there was always a minimum cal charge but i always tought it was 11p wich is more than 5c ..or maybe thats esat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Eircom used have a minimum of 5 pence charge - you know 1p a minute - minimun charge 5p. (off peak anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

ahm, Eircom reduced its minimum charge from 11p to 5p some time last year (i think). and 5p converts to 0.058 € exactly ... for once they just did what they said - exact converion to euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

On my Eircom bill dated 28 January 2002 is the notation, "Calls are charged on a per second basis subject to a minimum charge of 6.29c except where noted. ... Prices include VAT at 20%."

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

5mins is the same at 1,2,3,4 minutes

That's why the add starts:
    "5p for 5 minutes, 6p for 6 minutes, ........"

The billing starts at 5p or €0.0635
    I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by morgana
    ahm, Eircom reduced its minimum charge from 11p to 5p some time last year (i think). and 5p converts to 0.058 € exactly ... for once they just did what they said - exact converion to euro

er , 5p converts to 0.0635 € Cents..... hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Erm...

5p = 6.35 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

I think the ad says €0.0125 per minute, all the government (i.e. Euro changeover board, etc) leaflets, booklets, etc. have £0.01 = €0.01, not £0.01 = €0.0125....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

Originally posted by NeRb666
    all the government (i.e. Euro changeover board, etc) leaflets, booklets, etc. have £0.01 = €0.01, not £0.01 = €0.0125....

That's because you can't round down a one cent coin, you can (and should) round down units on a phone bill.

Advertisement