Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brief, but helpful, mention on 5-7 Live

Options
  • 31-01-2002 9:59pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the business section of 5-7 Live this evening, John Whelan (I think) of the Irish Exporters Association (I think) was talking about exports falling off. Asked what could be done to help, he said that broadband desperately needs to be rolled out.

Someone with more bandwidth than me (WLL line still offline) might be able to download the audio from the Radio 1 website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Audio from today's programme seems to be missing. Other day's stuff is there, though. Hopefully it will be back tomorow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭NeilF

There was also someone (I can't remember the start though it's probably safe to say he was a doctor himself, and from the IMO) on the Last Word this evening saying that doctors should be linked up to each other and hospitals so that they can give better care.

He mentioned IT a good few times as a way of improving the health service. I have to agree. I'd certainly go to the doctor more often if there was broadband in the waiting room :D

Its not news about us, but it shows there are a lot of people beginning to see they need what we are campaigning for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Just make sure you leave before its your turn else €30 is alot for 1omins highspeed surfing of hospital data bases :D

Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by NeilF
    There was also someone (I can't remember the start though it's probably safe to say he was a doctor himself, and from the IMO) on the Last Word this evening saying that doctors should be linked up to each other and hospitals so that they can give better care.

He mentioned IT a good few times as a way of improving the health service. I have to agree. I'd certainly go to the doctor more often if there was broadband in the waiting room :D

Its not news about us, but it shows there are a lot of people beginning to see they need what we are campaigning for.

That was Ruari Quinn (Labour Leader) on with good 'auld Eamo. Quite a funny interview, Ruari was choking 'cos Eamo was puffing away on cigarettes all thru it...

He also said that there should be a better rollout of broadband between the duopoly, i.e. Eircon and Esat.

viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭NeilF

Originally posted by viking
    That was Ruari Quinn (Labour Leader) on with good 'auld Eamo. Quite a funny interview, Ruari was choking 'cos Eamo was puffing away on cigarettes all thru it...

Oops.... If I knew it was political puff (geddit ;)) I wouldn't have bothered posting it. I was half asleep and only heard a few buzzwords. Still, did he say anything else that showed an understanding of what needed to be done or was it just buzzwords?

• Advertisement
Advertisement