Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention(person logged in)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

azezil i quite like your idea, i wonder is it possible to do?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

lol, good idea, don't know how you got it mixed up though :D

coding would hav to be enabled in titles to use the first idea, not sure bout the second how it would be done

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Well it's quite simple really. Say you just a have a list of your online buddies at the bottom of each page. It'd be identical to the active users list, only the script would filter out anyone who is not on your buddies list.
    Then you pop up a window with some PHP generated JavaScript for each of your buddies whenever they become active (minus the ones that are already there when you log on, else you'd get 5 pop-ups in a row...), then set a cookie to make sure you're not alerted a second time to that buddy being active.

i understand all that part of it, not sure how the java as you said would go down? could be problems with that? not sure. anyway, i think its a good idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

oh right... ya ur idea sux ass lets go with mine! :p rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Originally posted by Lucifer
    not sure how the java as you said would go down? could be problems with that? not sure.
    Not Java, JavaScript, just to pup up the window :rolleyes:

Advertisement