Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 01-02-2002 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

In the members section i noticed that there are lists of the most posts, newest members. You can check who is logged in at present and if you pm people you can check at what time they where last on at. There are loads of other wonderful thing too.

I am wondering if there is a record, just for the sake of curosity, of the amount of time each user spends on boards every day. Maybe and average, like the post per day count in the profile section. I am curious to see if there are people who may just read the boards and not reply much and stuff.

Actually i don't know why i want to know, i just am nosey.

oh, and is this stuff that only the admins can see??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

This can be done by log file analysis, but isn't collected in vbulletin, the software behind boards, afaik.

I've often said that boards should post its traffic figures ... it puts a lot of commercial sites to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's cos there's people like me who refresh pages every 3 mins :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It might be useless, with some people using leased lines, they stay logged-in almost indefinitely.

Advertisement